Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Aftermarket HU cutting out Fosgate AMP - solved

Old Apr 9, 2019, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Aftermarket HU cutting out Fosgate AMP - solved

So, I have a 2015 GSR that I put an Android HU in like many others have and immediately had the audio fading in and out. I found various posts referring to the issue but no conclusive resolution. It turns out that the MITO-03 requires you to disconnect the OEM XM and Bluetooth modules whereas the MITO-02 does not. It's documented in the manual but I skimmed right past it. As soon as I unplugged them the audio sounded better and stopped cutting out. The 08-2012 cars and the corresponding how-to's don't cover the XM/OE Bluetooth as the MITO-02 doesn't require it. I hope this helps someone!
The following users liked this post:
hyp36rmax (Jun 27, 2023)
Old Jun 27, 2023, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by splattj
So, I have a 2015 GSR that I put an Android HU in like many others have and immediately had the audio fading in and out. I found various posts referring to the issue but no conclusive resolution. It turns out that the MITO-03 requires you to disconnect the OEM XM and Bluetooth modules whereas the MITO-02 does not. It's documented in the manual but I skimmed right past it. As soon as I unplugged them the audio sounded better and stopped cutting out. The 08-2012 cars and the corresponding how-to's don't cover the XM/OE Bluetooth as the MITO-02 doesn't require it. I hope this helps someone!
Thanks! This is the info i was looking for. Reference for anyone else:​​​​​​​