Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Reuse stock Sirius antenna for aftermarket tuner?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Reuse stock Sirius antenna for aftermarket tuner?

My 2015 X came with a Sirius tuner.

I replaced the stock touch screen head unit with a Pioneer, now I bought the SXV300 Sirius tuner (as the Pioneer wouldn't work with the OEM Sirius one). The tuner came with an antenna, but rather than run that, I'm wondering if I can reuse the existing OEM antenna.

Looks like it connects the OEM Sirius tuner using a specialized connector (surprise, surprise). I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any harness that would turn that rectangular connector into the standard round BNC-type connector.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 09:33 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
something like this?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0cmc1v...stro-SAT1.html
Old Jun 22, 2018, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah something like that but doesn't look like the iDataLink supports any new Mitsus

http://maestro.idatalink.com/accesso...product_id/393
Old Jun 22, 2018, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by fafaforza
Yeah something like that but doesn't look like the iDataLink supports any new Mitsus

http://maestro.idatalink.com/accesso...product_id/393
Keep looking, someone makes an adapter. You might try just dropping by your local bestbuy's install bay and see if they can sell you / order you one.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I'll see if it's possible to put some male or female connectors on the OEM harness and splice those to a regular antenna cable. Get a short extension for $8 on Amazon.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Ended up just running it behind the trim, to the side of the rear seat, and left the dongle on the rear panel. I don't think I'll ever pay the full $20 monthly so probably won't need the antenna after my 6 month promo. They don't even include Stern in the promo, how backwards is that.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:24 AM

sat radio was never really appealing to me. Maybe if i lived in the middle of nowhere and didn't get a cellular data signal.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

It's nice to not have to seek while you traverse states, and they have some decent stations for all sorts of genres, but at them normal price of $20, no way I'm paying that for the handful of road trips I take.

But I'll be going on a road trip and my girl seems to like some of their EDM stations so I took them up on their $30 six month promos. I'll definitely cancel it before it ends.

Man, I remember owning stock in them in 2006. It dropped to $0.16, partly due to the government blocking their merger with XM, and partly due to it being the 2008 recession. I so wanted to put $10k into it, but was afraid they'd either go bankrupt, in which case you lose it all, or be delisted from the exchange and go to some hokey private one (your stock needs to be above $1 per share to be listed on the NYSE). I could have made a nice penny if I did.....
Old Sep 19, 2018, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where does the oem antenna connect to? Does it go to the factory sirius receiver behind the glove box?