Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Locked ECU?? ECUTEK??

Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locked ECU?? ECUTEK??

Please Help i know its long but please read im desperate!!

Ok guys so my car is at the shop with the new FP red installed an a whole bunch of goodies but my tuner here from JMS tried to access the ecu via a tactrix 2.0 cable to tune my car but no luck my ecu is locked. . So my tuner thought my car might have been flashed by ecutek by the previous owner (because i bought the car used) and locked so my tuners first suggestion was to send my car to the dealer and try to get a base map flash but no luck the dealer could not get into the ecu saying it was locked. My seccond option was to send it to vivid racing because they are an ecutek dealer and they said they could unlock it. So i sent my ecu last thursday through overnight shipping, the vivid racing tuner worked on it and confirmed my car was tuned before by ecutek but said he did unlock it. I got the ecu back today from vivid and took it to my local tuner here in san antonio and no luck connecting via the tactrix cable it still gives him the message could not connect to source ecu may be intentionally locked. After that my tuner connected another evo x's ecu in my car and he could read it WTF????

Here is the weird thing though:

-I bought this car from a chrysler dealership which they bought off an auction
-I did a carfax report on the car and nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary was in there, one owner.
-Bought the car at 10000 miles and at 14000 miles my turbo dies.
-Carfax stated the car was owned for 7 months by the first owner and then sold (to the dealership where i bought it)
-Car was running great before my turbo died when i was stock and all along i had a ecutek tune.
-Even with a locked ecu my car turns on everything works

Please help i have no idea what to do any advice is appreciated.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pcasso87

Ok guys so my car is at the shop with the new FP red installed an a whole bunch of goodies but my tuner here from JMS tried to access the ecu via a tactrix 2.0 cable to tune my car but no luck my ecu is locked. . So my tuner thought my car might have been flashed by ecutek by the previous owner (because i bought the car used) and locked so my tuners first suggestion was to send my car to the dealer and try to get a base map flash but no luck the dealer could not get into the ecu saying it was locked. My seccond option was to send it to vivid racing because they are an ecutek dealer and they said they could unlock it. So i sent my ecu last thursday through overnight shipping, the vivid racing tuner worked on it and confirmed my car was tuned before by ecutek but said he did unlock it. I got the ecu back today from vivid and took it to my local tuner here in san antonio and no luck connecting via the tactrix cable it still gives him the message could not connect to source ecu may be intentionally locked. After that my tuner connected another evo x's ecu in my car and he could read it WTF????

-I did a carfax report on the car and nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary was in there, one owner.
-Carfax stated the car was owned for 7 months by the first owner and then sold (to the dealership where i bought it)
-Car was running great before my turbo died when i was stock and all along i had a ecutek tune.

I can fix it for you, if you want
PM for details. I haven't met an Ecu i cannot unlock
Old Oct 30, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

well there you go ^
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Any luck with this? Im having the same problem, thanks
Old Nov 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thiagobr03
Any luck with this? Im having the same problem, thanks
probly had as accessport flashed
Old Nov 17, 2017, 06:58 AM

Unhappy ECU Locked by EcuTek-Tuner

Originally Posted by pcasso87

Hi, I'm having the same problem here.
Have you figured out what the problem was?
I'm desperate at the moment too, cause i live in austria and here are maybe 2 tuners that know their stuff with evos...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 07:01 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by HB Speed
I can fix it for you, if you want
PM for details. I haven't met an Ecu i cannot unlock
Hi, I'm having the same problem here.
Do you have an idea, how I could fix that? unfortunately i can't just drive to you, cause I live in austria.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 08:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Bench flash it.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 08:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There can be a lot of issues when trying to connect to the ecu
1.)ECU is locked
2.)Cable is not getting a good connection
3.)obii port pins bent or missing on car

If the ecu is locked from accessport you have to make your own tune over it, you just can't read the variables of the tune.
Sometimes i've had to hold the obII cable at a perfect angle to get it to read if it's been tuned alot, where the obii port may need replaced.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 08:47 AM

Unhappy ECU Locked

Originally Posted by revzilla
There can be a lot of issues when trying to connect to the ecu
1.)ECU is locked
2.)Cable is not getting a good connection
3.)obii port pins bent or missing on car

If the ecu is locked from accessport you have to make your own tune over it, you just can't read the variables of the tune.
Sometimes i've had to hold the obII cable at a perfect angle to get it to read if it's been tuned alot, where the obii port may need replaced.
Hi, yes the ECU is locked as stated above.
I got the confirmation from the tuner, that he locked it on purpose. so the next tuner has no insight on his tune.
the connection is good and the obd2-port is in very good condition. (EvoScan tests).

i would flash the stock ROM over it now, the problem is, that i don't have one
i also don't know my ROM-ID whatsoever, to get sure.

I searched all of forums and downloaded all available ROMs out there.
for my GSR - 2009 EDM Evo X GSR 5MT there are just this two ROMs:
54060007_2009_EDM_5MT.hex
54060008_2009_EDM_5MT.hex (containing the same head-statements and then including 54060007, which seems to be the evo10base)

now i'm not sure, what will happen, if i flash this one over it.
if any problem accur, i'm f***ed, cause i can't go back and return to the ROM which is now on the ECU
that's my dilema...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
send me an E-mail

i can bench read and write these Ecus regardless the lock
I am in Germany, around Frankfurt / Main

You can send the ecu only or come up to us with the car if you prefer.