Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Need Info on ecuflash roms and copying maps over.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Info on ecuflash roms and copying maps over.

Hey guys..
2008 USDM Evo X MR SST

I need a little pointing in the right direction.. I've searched and coming up blank so maybe you can help..

I've got the ecuflash and all defs working correctly but I'm trying to frankinstein together a rom that I can use to tune a good setup in my spare time by combining my stock rom with the tephraxmod to get the alt map switching functions so maybe I can load the information from a base tune like something safe maybe a gunzo map so I can switch between stock and the gunzo map with the cruze control and just make tweaks as I go along to the gunzo map.. logging with my openport 2.0 and i think i have the basic idea of how to do this down but I know I still have {noobitis} a horrible disease! lol
so basically what im thinking is taking my stock rom and saving it as read only for saftey...
then beginning working on the stock map saving a different version. I have a def file loaded that gives me the extra tables to enable mode 23 and the asc off fix and some warning disables into ecuflash

What I want to do and where Im running into some noobitis is taking my stock tune info from the maps and copying it into the tephraxmod. Some of the tuts simply say to copy info from the stock tune into the tephraxmod but I cant find out in the program how to do this.. Does it have to be done totally manually or can some copy and paste be done? And are the tables and addresses the same between the roms?

my stock rom version is 52690021
my tephraxmod is 52690122 that inherits 52690022 <==Newer

I believe I know how to get my mode23 into the tephraxmod rom but I want to make sure I can copy tables into it before I make sure I have the correct mode23 hex info to drop into its xml file before I mod any files..

Also if I change my versions and drop in a tephraxmod do I need to worry about an immobilizer code? I dont want to end up not being able to start my car at any point.. and I'm unsure where this info resides in the rom or where the code is I might need to save or even if its in the rom.. Is that even an evo X feature?

If I can get this working correctly Ill be glad to donate to the creators of the mods and maps I use to piece this together..
+1 for FrankenMap!!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NM... Figured it all out.. seemed my def's were not correct so i got the ones from the tephraxmod v1 post and used them.. sorry for the noob posts but now Im on to logging with openport 2.0. Fun!!!