Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Innovate MTX-L problem

Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Innovate MTX-L problem

I recently installed an Innovate MTX-L wideband o2 sensor system, and it isn't working..

I know the wiring was done correctly, because it worked just fine yesterday after I hooked it all up. It read AFRs and the LEDs swept through their range. Later last night, it randomly stopped displaying the numbers and the indicator LEDs around the perimeter was stuck at one LED.

Now, when I leave the ignition in the "ON" position (w/o the engine started), it displays all of the Orange/Yellow LEDs and no numbers. If the engine is on, nothing is displayed.

Has anyone run into the same problem? Based on some prelim research, I might have fried the circuit inside due to a voltage spike. Although, I'm kind of doubting that because I haven't seen the same issue occur to anyone after searching evom or evoxforums.

For the wiring, I connected the power to a switching 12V (Fuse 13). The white wire which dims the lights was connected to the green wire behind the ASC button. I checked the green wire to make sure it switched with the headlights (0V = headlights off, 12V = headlights on). The black line is grounded to the chassis.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the connectors on the sensor cable. I couldn't get mine to calibrate last night and it was because the larger connector wasn't completely seated. You have to really push it on there