Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Overboosting after dynotune!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Overboosting after dynotune!

So I had my X MR dynotuned a little over a month ago and I have been overboosting since and I am at the end of my rope with the whole thing. I don't want to name the tuner at this time as I am STILL working with them to resolve the issue. The point of this post is to see if any of you guys have any suggestions. So while the car was being tuned the tuner said that it started overboosting. He said he reflashed it and the issue seemed to be resolved. He offered no explanation other than it was possible some of the code was overwritten? So I get the car back and I am in traffic with a terrible headache on the hour trip home, So I didn't really get into the throttle that much. From what I could tell it was acting fine. I think I might have hit 27psi once
So the next day or so I stomp it and see 33.5 PSI and a nice loud pop!! Fortunatly my car didn't blow up and everything seemed fine for the rest of the drive home. Since then I have been back and forth with the tuner and I have tried two different maps with no solution. FIrst I was given a map that I was told had zeroed out BCS duty cycle, I hit 24 PSI. I was asked to re route the vacuum lines to force the car into wastegate pressure, I hit 14 PSI max and tapered of to around 10. I was then given a new map with the vacuum lines put back right and was told he made some corrections he missed specific to the MR. Same overboost issues, I didn't even wanna push it for fear of blowing my engine. I then uploaded the Cobb stage 3 LWGDC map and I hit 22-24 psi consistently
Mods are a Panel filter/TBE/Cobb 3 Port/ Cobb V3. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:59 PM

Here is the log that the tuner said the WGDC is almost at zero
Attached Files
File Type: csv
datalog1.csv (13.7 KB, 0 views)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 05:28 AM

Ok, so good news is we appear to be getting somewhere. The tuner had a look at the Stage 3 LWG map I used and sent me a new map that appears to have the overboost under control. Still working with them to get the car right. Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this ?