Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Cobb V3 AP stock EVO X

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb V3 AP stock EVO X

Just picked up and V3 AP for about 300$ yet to do any mods. Is the Stock AP tune going to jump performance ? Hurt Reliability?( I am planning a full exhaust and intake and tune after child arrives) Did a couple searches but couldnt really find anything. Also since im new to EVO scene is a 100-150 rpm fluctuation at idle normal?
Any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited by SSJEVO; May 29, 2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SSJEVO
Just picked up and V3 AP for about 300$ yet to do any mods. Is the Stock AP tune going to jump performance ? Hurt Reliability?( I am planning a full exhaust and intake and tune after child arrives) Did a couple searches but couldnt really find anything. Also since im new to EVO scene is a 100-150 rpm fluctuation at idle normal?
Any input would be much appreciated.
First Welcome!
Second, the OTS tunes will get the car the drive ability fine, but I'd recommend a pro-tune.

OTS tunes are really meant for a a wide range while a pro-tune will be tailored directly to your car. Mine fluctuates between 100-150rpm as well. I've tried to tune it out and It just seems to want to do it.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WickWhiteEvox
First Welcome!
Second, the OTS tunes will get the car the drive ability fine, but I'd recommend a pro-tune.

OTS tunes are really meant for a a wide range while a pro-tune will be tailored directly to your car. Mine fluctuates between 100-150rpm as well. I've tried to tune it out and It just seems to want to do it.
Thanks, was worried I had a small vacuum leak or something