Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

URGENT PROBLEM - Cobb AP Target Vs Real Value - Intake and Exhaust Cam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URGENT PROBLEM - Cobb AP Target Vs Real Value - Intake and Exhaust Cam

Cobb AP Target Vs Real Value - Intake and Exhaust Cam URGENT PROBLEM
I recently got my car tuned and the tuner noticed that the exhaust intake and cam "actual values" were NOT lining up with what was inputted on their MIVEC Accesstuner tables. After careful logging through the AP, the exhaust and intake "target" values were not matching the values inside of Accesstuner MIVEC maps, which means that the AP has no control over the MIVEC. The logged "actual values" match and follow along the "target" values that the ECU seems to have programmed from the factory, not what the tuner has inputted in the tables. I have a 2015 GSR and my tuner recently tuned a 2015 Final Edition that exhibited the same issues. Has anyone else had this issue? Not being able to control the MIVEC is not good at all for many reasons, I have talked to another well known tuner in the area that has started noticing the same issue on late model EVO X's, does anyone have any insight on this?

I have been patient with Cobb for almost month but they haven't told me what they think the problem is. The fact that this seems to be happening on multiple vehicles, leads to believe it might be a software issue somewhere?

Last edited by ramonaevo; Nov 27, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably of little help, but my 14GSR with an AP tune seems to be fine. As soon as I flashed it, you could tell immediately how aggressive the mivec became, especially down low in RPM. Are you sure there isnt another table that needs to be modified? Maybe call Cobb?