Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Is my ECU going bad?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is my ECU going bad?

Hey guys!I got a problem and hope someone has an answer or some advice. I'm pretty new so anything you say I will greatly appreciate.

Been tuning my X with a reputable tuner via etune and my car has been doing some strange things while flashing. I turned on my ignition switch to the on position and tried to install the new rom but got an error half way. Not knowing what else to do I turned the ignition off and on and loaded the new rom again and successfully loaded but the fans stayed on.

Hit the Exit ECU program state and it supposedly was successful but fans still stayed on. Tried cranking the car but would not start. After a few mins of messing with it and I did turn the car off and on 2-3 times and hit the exit program once more and this time my fans shut off!...

Everything seems to be working fine now but this is the 2nd time its done this while loading a rom. Is my ECU Bricked?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
It could be going bad, or it could just be a wiring issue somewhere. I had the same issue (fans on but won't crank) that turned out to just be a bad wire on the wiring harness.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jakgal04
It could be going bad, or it could just be a wiring issue somewhere. I had the same issue (fans on but won't crank) that turned out to just be a bad wire on the wiring harness.
Going to have a busy week I guess. Going to send in my ECU to be Benched Flashed and while they check that I will be checking on my wiring harness. Praying its something simple.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted
Old Feb 18, 2018, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It could be going bad, or it could just be a wiring issue somewhere.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
If the X's are like the 8/9's they get finicky when you try to flash them.when the battery is low. It's a protective measure. This happens frequently if you have a mini battery. If you can connect another battery to it and try to flash it it might do the trick.