EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums-257/)
-   -   P1241 code + limp mode (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/371415-p1241-code-limp-mode.html)

NO_WAY Sep 25, 2008 07:28 AM

P1241 code + limp mode

Anyone that could help me with this one? Google does not give me anything on this. But i managed to find this:

http://www.skpang.co.uk/dtc_list.htm

According to this list the code is P1241 Sensor Power Supply Low Input. Witch sensor?

Thanks

NO_WAY Sep 25, 2008 07:29 AM

maybe put the link in the sticky threads? good for refrence and library... just my .02

goofygrin Sep 25, 2008 08:09 AM

Hmm... odd that I can't find anything. How friendly are you with your dealer? I'm betting with your mods they will be less than happy to fix anything under warranty :D

gotrnet Sep 25, 2008 09:33 AM

i got this same code one day about 2 weeks ago. i was driving up a bridge on ramp trying to pass a car at part throttle and the car pretty much died. the engine was running and the rps would go up but no power to the wheels. so i pulled over on the other side of the bridge and turned the car off and then back on and it was fine except for the CEL. so i pulled the code and then did a search as you did. i couldn't find much at all. then i did a search of evom and found a guy in the lancer forums that turboed his car and keeps getting this code. he says "i have problem with dtc 1241, too much air go in for % of the pedal accelerator" so too much air for throttle position. which would make sense for what happened to me. up an on ramp accelerating with a higher load than usual due to the incline and part throttle. so when is your car throwing this code?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=1241

post 33

NO_WAY Sep 25, 2008 09:55 AM

LOL, almost exact same setting. Entering the high-way uphill on-ramp... was getting ready to pass the truck infront, but just like yours did. no engine power. blinkers on and into the side of the road. shut off and restart. everything ok exept the SES light.

How do we prevent it so we can pass cars safely?

Sean@Iveytune Sep 25, 2008 10:05 AM

Contact Al regarding this, he knows what it is and how to fix it.

Sean

Hiboost Sep 25, 2008 11:04 AM

Wow that could be disaster on a road course. Is this different from eliminating the part throttle overboost safety feature? I'll be running lower boost at Watkins Glen but is this triggered by higher boost settings?

gotrnet Sep 25, 2008 05:40 PM

when mine happened i was at like maybe 5 to 8 psi. i think it was the load that made it throw the code.

2 Deep Motoring Mar 30, 2009 02:31 PM

I believe its the torque monitor... damn evo X's!

nhoj Apr 26, 2009 04:00 PM

Any solution or we gotta keep it a secret via pm's

gunzo Apr 27, 2009 04:56 AM

Torque limit exceeded ..

A few things that will throw this ..

Aftermarket VTA ..
Untuned with the boost increased ..
Tuned but the tuner doesn't know how to remove some of the limiters ..

This code is cool .. tells you you're making good power :lol:
And then it dumps on you :D

nhoj Apr 27, 2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by gunzo (Post 6990051)
Torque limit exceeded ..

A few things that will throw this ..

Aftermarket VTA ..
Untuned with the boost increased ..
Tuned but the tuner doesn't know how to remove some of the limiters ..

This code is cool .. tells you you're making good power :lol:
And then it dumps on you :D

interesting.. i guess stage 2 ap map > me. :(

09_Lancer_GTS Jun 9, 2009 10:05 AM

same proplem here... 09 gts boosted... but alil defferent... my Maf shot out got a new one and that proplem was fix then i took it for a test drive did fine shifted to 2nd gear and went no where.. petal almost to floor no Reving no go... CEL came on car was putterin parked and it idled up and down between 1000 1500... turned car off... waited like 10sec stated up just fine idlled normal for like 2 or 3 min... then rpms shot up to 1000 1500... bought a code reader and it showed P1241... no knows of a fix yet?

Clipse3GT Jun 9, 2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 09_Lancer_GTS (Post 7151503)
same proplem here... 09 gts boosted... but alil defferent... my Maf shot out got a new one and that proplem was fix then i took it for a test drive did fine shifted to 2nd gear and went no where.. petal almost to floor no Reving no go... CEL came on car was putterin parked and it idled up and down between 1000 1500... turned car off... waited like 10sec stated up just fine idlled normal for like 2 or 3 min... then rpms shot up to 1000 1500... bought a code reader and it showed P1241... no knows of a fix yet?

When it happened to me, I just cleared the code with my COBB AP.

Get a code reader that can clear, it will fix it for you.

09_Lancer_GTS Jun 9, 2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT (Post 7152296)
When it happened to me, I just cleared the code with my COBB AP.

Get a code reader that can clear, it will fix it for you.

i have one but i thought clearing and disconnection the neg is the same thing... (i disconnected the neg only and the code came back) thats what i been told