EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums-257/)
-   -   Throwing P0420 and p0300 Brand New off lot! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/480769-throwing-p0420-p0300-brand-new-off-lot.html)

SilverOZrally Mar 17, 2010 04:30 PM

Throwing P0420 and p0300 Brand New off lot!

Been waiting for 7 years, paying off college loans, to bump up the oz rally to the evo. Once the '10 X came along I knew i had to have it. Drove off the lot with 8 miles on it this past saturday and was in love. Did a search and so far i have not seen an X with this problem off the lot with no Mods. Looking for some advice.

On the ride home from the dealer, SES light kicks on. Brought it back monday and it was a combination P0420 and P0300. 200 miles on it at this point

Dealer service guys cleared and on the ride home again the light goes off. Tuesday comes and now its just the p0420. At this point i'm getting tired of this BS :mad:.

So they tell me since the car has been sitting around on the lot for a while and some uncombusted fuel is triggering the code for the cat. OK so they tell me to drive it another 1000 miles regardless if the SES light comes back on. Which it did shortly thereafter. I'm bummed this is turning into a bad experience but want to know if this is SOP for off the lot new evos. Seems terrible for a brand new car to have issues out of the gate. I'm looking to go in this saturday after i have about 800 miles on it and see how they intend to make it right.

Glad to be an evo owner finally but a disappointing first week. now for some :beer:

goofygrin Mar 17, 2010 04:31 PM

not normal...

tephra Mar 17, 2010 05:02 PM

take it back and ask for another car...

justin81 Mar 17, 2010 05:52 PM

take it back. i was in the same boat waiting 7 years to get my crap together before buying an evo. if my car was doing that I'd be more than disappointed.

Rands Mar 17, 2010 09:06 PM

Considering you got a 2010 model, I'm sure some people here have bought 08 models that have been sitting on the lot A LOT longer than yours has. That's pretty BS that they are saying that though, hope it works out for you.

Q8_EVO Mar 17, 2010 09:08 PM

i wouldnt deal with it.. take it back and ask for another one

you paid for a brand new flawless car and thats what you should be getting

BigT Mar 18, 2010 04:07 AM

I bought my car brand new in 10/08 and its build date was 04/08 and I have never experienced any of those symptoms. 24k on the odo as of today.

lowkey Mar 18, 2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Q8_EVO (Post 8107171)
i wouldnt deal with it.. take it back and ask for another one

you paid for a brand new flawless car and thats what you should be getting

Do it soon. I believe some states have a "cooling off" law that says you can return the car within 3 days, for whatever reason, and cancel the deal.

grillpt Mar 18, 2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 8106290)
take it back and ask for another car...

this!

SilverOZrally Mar 21, 2010 02:09 PM

went back in on friday and they ended up replacing the cat. Still in the break-in period but i worked it out hard to see if i could light it up again. looks like all is well, for now...

jester81783 Mar 21, 2010 02:13 PM

sounds annoying, but its really not a big deal-its just a bad cat or sensor probably. im sure youll have years of trouble free ownership

Brokenevo Mar 21, 2010 05:14 PM

wow, yeah i would of demanded more then the cat! but hopefully thats all it is!