EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums-257/)
-   -   Where to get a tune in chicago area? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/541605-where-get-tune-chicago-area.html)

johno Feb 24, 2011 07:21 PM

Where to get a tune in chicago area?

Hi just getting my aem back and my tune will be wiped. So im thinking of starting fresh. Its a series 1 ecu what shop would anyone recommend. Shops also can tune in for prices {thumbup}

Brainiac Feb 24, 2011 07:25 PM

AMS Performance

jdmeg6 Feb 24, 2011 07:27 PM

UM AMS why wouldnt you

evolution666 Feb 24, 2011 07:29 PM

Local Guy we use is KUNAL. The dude is awesome and has tuned my car And buddies car with 0 issues. Pm me and ill hit you with his info.

KarmaSRT Feb 24, 2011 07:36 PM

Ams!!!

Wrex1977 Feb 25, 2011 09:34 AM

AMS all the way!!!

johno Feb 25, 2011 03:28 PM

Ams why wouldnt i. Have heard alot of horror stories with buddies personal evos blowing up to back it up and also 1000 dollar tune for aem i think im good. Keep them coming guys

ch1215g Feb 25, 2011 03:29 PM

VRSPEED - Street Tune - PM tscompusa hes doing amazing work tuning cars i would recommend him 100% hes got a special still now on the pricing and its well worth it!

fostytou Feb 25, 2011 03:30 PM

You don't have a backup of your old tune?! They might charge you less if they had a starting point....

Ian0611 Feb 25, 2011 03:53 PM

Devin at Boomba Racing- He's a great guy and does great work!

I've also heard a lot of great things about Kunal. I believe that his screenname on here is inco9nito99

AMS will probably do a good job but they're a little more expensive and I personally wasn't real impressed with their tuner the last time I spoke with him.

johno Feb 26, 2011 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou (Post 9109208)
You don't have a backup of your old tune?! They might charge you less if they had a starting point....

Im trying to get it back from the shop i used i never saved the email. I feel so dumb i had it but its bye bye for right now.

Originally Posted by ch1215g (Post 9109206)
VRSPEED - Street Tune - PM tscompusa hes doing amazing work tuning cars i would recommend him 100% hes got a special still now on the pricing and its well worth it!

Where is this out of though?

Originally Posted by Ian0611 (Post 9109273)
Devin at Boomba Racing- He's a great guy and does great work! Dont like boomba i know im picky as hell

I've also heard a lot of great things about Kunal. I believe that his screenname on here is inco9nito99 Best sounding so far i already pmed him thank u

AMS will probably do a good job but they're a little more expensive and I personally wasn't real impressed with their tuner the last time I spoke with him.

100 percent agree for aem the pricing is 3x as expensive as stock ecu flashes. I know plenty of guys with 1000 dollar tunes from ams and their cars like jackstands more than pavement. Im not impressed. I went to ams once for some parts and they kicked ass tuning and instillation not so much

Chris@AMS Mar 1, 2011 08:28 AM

Hi there!

I am sure we can help you out. The pricing for an AEM from complete scratch is $900. I'll guarantee we aren't the cheapest in the area, but I'll also guarantee that we are the best in the area. If you aren't looking for the best possible AEM tuning with the best drivability, then your options open up alot.

We charge alot for tuning for a reason. Our schedule is very full for a reason, and we set alot of records for a reason. We are also installing a second dyno here for a reason. I'm not sure what other issues you may have seen or heard, but I can assure you we are at the top of our game here at AMS and customer service and support are number one.

I look forward to an opportunity to work with you, should you change you mind.

Bear.914 Mar 3, 2011 04:06 PM

Im going to call you patrick cause you must live under a rock ? :lol: jk Ill trade homes with you so I could be near them lol

4b11powered Mar 3, 2011 04:34 PM

seriously.

evo1994 Nov 25, 2014 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by evolution666 (Post 9106795)
Local Guy we use is KUNAL. The dude is awesome and has tuned my car And buddies car with 0 issues. Pm me and ill hit you with his info.

Can you tell me who is really good in tune?