EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums-257/)
-   -   need help on first few issues (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/753147-need-help-first-few-issues.html)

MV auto Feb 13, 2019 04:58 PM

need help on first few issues

3 Attachment(s)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...5875771915.png
hey guys!
got my 2009 canadian EVO X GSR a few week ago... already have a tactrix reflash cable, evoscan and ecu flash are setup and ready to work.
I have also ordered a turbo-back, an AEM x-series wideband pn 30-0300 and a 30-0306 boost gauge.

-as I understood, I will be able to send 0-5V output of wideband into rear O2 input, not sure if I can do the same (or if I have to, since we already have a MAP sensor) to datalog boost or fuel pressure or whatever... if someone is aware of any available pin in ecm that I can use as 0-5V input, let me know!

-so far, I download flash/ROM from my ecm, which should be bone stock.
ecuflash tells me unknown ROM image. when I look at dump and check address xxx50020, only FF lies in that area.
I can see my VIN and ecm p/n at beggining of dump (with 00 bytes between, take a look at dump HEX 0060 to 006F), which is 1860B180, which should relate to ROM ID 1860B18001 as per mitsubishi EPA reflash info document. see picture. every ROM id I see seems to be under different format... -_- (4 bytes, no letter)

I also read p/n and calibration info with J2534 tool in generic mode, and got those read:
calibration ID: 1860B1800501
cal verification number: B2C779BB
seems like a bad start for a newb to figure out how to read properly my rom file and choose the proper xml... :(
anyone here can help me figure out what is the best route from there?

-as for the rest, I'll try to figure it out the best I can on my own... got an idle/voltage related problem, but nothing I can't figure out, and a miss at medium load and low rpm... which shouldn't be too complicate to find. the hard part for me is to understand how to handle .xml etc... not a simple task imho.

so any input is welcome... many thanks in advance!

Biggiesacks Feb 13, 2019 09:40 PM

Welcome and congrats on the new evo. It sounds like you enjoy tinkering, so I bet you will enjoy it a lot. I'll attempt to answer what I can. Mitsubishi put out a bunch of roms, and not all have been fully defined. So if you want to move forward with tuning and your ROM ID has no XML or is lacking, then what you need to do is find a ROM that is well defined that is compatible with your Evo and use that. Your evo came with a 3-bar map sensor so logging boost is not a problem unless you are making more then that. I would strongly urge you to look into Tephramod roms if you haven't already.

MV auto Feb 14, 2019 05:39 AM

sweet baby jesus! got a lot more reading to do, but tephramod seems to be a powerful help... especially when I'll add meth injection!!
thanks for the info on the 3 bar map sensor, tephramod and possibility to flash a different ROM file.

I tried for a few hour to search for known ROM id in my dump, but could not find any...
maybe I can manually write a rom ID at add xx005002x?
I ask because when I select "use wizard to create a new definition file, it asks for what address my ROM id is at...

I understood that I can also flash ecm with an other dump (like tephramod for example), but will need a lot more info before I do so... especially since it look like there is some immo info in my dump?

Biggiesacks Feb 14, 2019 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by MV auto (Post 11860876)
sweet baby jesus! got a lot more reading to do, but tephramod seems to be a powerful help... especially when I'll add meth injection!!
thanks for the info on the 3 bar map sensor, tephramod and possibility to flash a different ROM file.

I tried for a few hour to search for known ROM id in my dump, but could not find any...
maybe I can manually write a rom ID at add xx005002x?
I ask because when I select "use wizard to create a new definition file, it asks for what address my ROM id is at...

I understood that I can also flash ecm with an other dump (like tephramod for example), but will need a lot more info before I do so... especially since it look like there is some immo info in my dump?

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but what you want to do is search evom / the internet for a ROM/XML that is compatible with your car, you wont find that info in your Rom itself. Looking at the Tephramods and what years the different ROM ID"s cover will kind of give you a shortcut to finding the roms the community has standardized around.There is some info you may want to carry over from your rom to the new one you end up flashing. TBH though because of the ease with which these cars can be reprogrammed, the factory immobilizer really isn't a good anti-theft solution, its better then nothing though. Just something to keep in mind.

I forgot to drop this last night, but I'm sure it will help

http://thefrost.net/randomfiles/tuni...GUIDE_V2-0.pdf

MV auto Feb 14, 2019 07:10 AM

thanks for the pdf, but already have it. at page 24, they said if ROM id is unknown, I should find my ROM id at address 005002A... that is why I was trying to look at my ROM/dump.
so I can take for example the tephramod hex and xml for a 2008 evo x 5mt, and flash this ROM to my ecm? it won't affect my immo and such? (I can read my VIN in first few line of my ROM)
and when you talk about carrying over some of my ROM info... you mean manually in dump? (like writting VIN for example, with help of XVI32 or any hex editor?)

thanks for your time man. mucho appreciated!!

Biggiesacks Feb 14, 2019 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by MV auto (Post 11860882)
thanks for the pdf, but already have it. at page 24, they said if ROM id is unknown, I should find my ROM id at address 005002A... that is why I was trying to look at my ROM/dump.
so I can take for example the tephramod hex and xml for a 2008 evo x 5mt, and flash this ROM to my ecm? it won't affect my immo and such? (I can read my VIN in first few line of my ROM)
and when you talk about carrying over some of my ROM info... you mean manually in dump? (like writting VIN for example, with help of XVI32 or any hex editor?)

thanks for your time man. mucho appreciated!!

I gotcha, but you don't really have to do that, its already been established what ROMS will work with what years. So yes the 52680022 is what is being used for 2008-2009 USDM so that should work fine. Not too sure what market type Canada gets, so you might want to research if you need to use an EDM etc. The data im talking about moving over is basically your immobilizer data. I believe there is info out there about how to find it in your dump. The program most people use to edit defined Mitsu roms is ecuflash. So you would be able to just input your immobilizer data into the defined tables in ecuflash for the known rom once you have it.