Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS vs buschur

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2008, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS vs buschur

So I am hopefully in the next month or 2 going to be ordering my evo x GSR (waiting to have about half of the cost to put on a downpayment to keep my monthly low) and im looking into mods so im ready for the 1k mile mark =O.

anyways Im leaning towards ETS or buschur but I cant decide, I want a nice dual exhaust but I kinda want a louder exhaust. I like the deep sounds of these 2 but I dont want it to drone out to much on the highway or when its rev'd up etc. Just curious as to anyone who owns these what do you like/dislike about each of them, performance, weight, sound wise etc.

Lastly I do have emissions tests in virginia so I have to get the catback and keep the midpipe but im thinking about ordering a downpipe with the exhaust, does the downpipe help out with performance on the evox? Cause I have heard the stock downpipe is pretty good on it

ty all and yes I am new to the forums =O
Old May 9, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Extreme Turbo Systems has always taken care of any of my needs. If i have ever had a problem Tom has jumped on it and solved it within a days time. Even if its on there dime
I looked at the Evo X Exhaust at ETS yesterday while i was down there and welds and materials are top notch!
Old May 9, 2008, 07:26 AM

Ya I will admit I like the posts I have reviewed here and the way tom talks to everyone and handles things. Makes me lean more towards ETS =O

gj tom
Old May 9, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

I've recently ordered pretty much everything from ETS. I got their exhaust with their hand fabricated merge collector. It's pretty loud (good loud), and there is some drone in lower RPM, so if you cruise around 80 mph, no problem, if you cruise around 65 mph, you'll get some drone.

FYI, you can replace the mid-pipe and still pass the smog. You just can't replace anything before the cat, but everything after should ok.

You can see my review here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=343486

I had two small issues, but I think Tom @ ETS has resolved it.
Old May 9, 2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
I've recently ordered pretty much everything from ETS. I got their exhaust with their hand fabricated merge collector. It's pretty loud (good loud), and there is some drone in lower RPM, so if you cruise around 80 mph, no problem, if you cruise around 65 mph, you'll get some drone.

FYI, you can replace the mid-pipe and still pass the smog. You just can't replace anything before the cat, but everything after should ok.

You can see my review here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=343486

I had two small issues, but I think Tom @ ETS has resolved it.
Now I do get my terms mixed up so ignore my "noobness" when it comes to cars cause im learning still =). But to pass emissions I can the catback exhaust+test pipe? Just NOT the downpipe? Cause im under the impression midpipe ( where the cat is) and test pipe is the same thing.
Old May 9, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikeHmikE
Now I do get my terms mixed up so ignore my "noobness" when it comes to cars cause im learning still =). But to pass emissions I can the catback exhaust+test pipe? Just NOT the downpipe? Cause im under the impression midpipe ( where the cat is) and test pipe is the same thing.
No, test pipe replaces the factory cat. I thought you were referring to the pipe between the cat and the muffler when you stated "mid pipe". My bad.
Old May 9, 2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
No, test pipe replaces the factory cat. I thought you were referring to the pipe between the cat and the muffler when you stated "mid pipe". My bad.
hmmm, I'm going to have to look into this (not saying you dont know what your talking about b/c im sure you do) but I was under the impression if I got a test pipe (replacing the cat) that it would fail then. But what your saying is I can get the test pipe+catback exhaust and still pass?
Old May 9, 2008, 08:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Mike,
You will likely need to retain a cat to pass inspection/emissions. If you have both a cat pipe and test pipe you can swap them just by removing/replacing 4 bolts. The alternate solution would be to get a replacement cat pipe with high flow 3" cat installed which you can just install and leave in place.

With regard to our exhaust, you also have the option to have us install a straight through resonator inline with the system to reduce the tone even further. It is my opinion from my experiences in the X we used for development that the exhaust note has a very nice tone and isn't anything near what I'd consider loud for regular street use.

If you have any specific questions about our products or their features please don't hesitate to get a hold of me!

Tom
Old May 9, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikeHmikE
hmmm, I'm going to have to look into this (not saying you dont know what your talking about b/c im sure you do) but I was under the impression if I got a test pipe (replacing the cat) that it would fail then. But what your saying is I can get the test pipe+catback exhaust and still pass?
I'm saying you'll fail smog if you get a test pipe. Catback includes a mid pipe with a merge collector (which is not a test pipe).
Old May 9, 2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
Mike,
You will likely need to retain a cat to pass inspection/emissions. If you have both a cat pipe and test pipe you can swap them just by removing/replacing 4 bolts. The alternate solution would be to get a replacement cat pipe with high flow 3" cat installed which you can just install and leave in place.

With regard to our exhaust, you also have the option to have us install a straight through resonator inline with the system to reduce the tone even further. It is my opinion from my experiences in the X we used for development that the exhaust note has a very nice tone and isn't anything near what I'd consider loud for regular street use.

If you have any specific questions about our products or their features please don't hesitate to get a hold of me!

Tom
Thanks tom clears it up, im sure I will have many questions from now until I actually order some ETS products =)
Old May 9, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Now this is my own opinion about ETS. Have you seen how some of these parts look like. They look too much like Ebay parts. I know they are not and not trying to rip on your company Tom just going for the looks point of view. I have seen both Buscher and ETS parts in person and would prefer Buscher over actually anyone. The welds are amazing and the Exhaust was a simple install. It took me a good hour to put on the car and I've never done any exhaust work before. Plus the look and sound of the Buscher exhaust are stunning. The Buscher has a deep growl from out side and going through the gears sounds so evil! At cruising speed(60mph) the car has a small humming noise over stock but is 100% bearable for daily usage. Where as the ETS exhaust has a big problem against the Buscher.

ETS:
3inch to 2.25inch out to 4inch tip=choking I would think considering your pushing out 3inchs of exhaust carbons into a 2.25(stock size tube) out to 4inchs it's common sense that this is not good. Now there performance numbers my say different but I'll take common snese over power.
Plus look at how much stuff you need to put on with the ETS. I would be pulling my hair out with all that stuff.
ETS-$995
Buscher:
3inch to 4inch tip= great flow everything is up from the stock exhaust size so more straight flow is better all around for common sense.
The Dyno proven number for the busher are 28whp & 20ft! Thats what you will put down to the Ground! That is amazing.
Buscher-$850 with free shipping right now that IMO is the best bang for the buck!
Old May 9, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AkumaMax
Now this is my own opinion about ETS. Have you seen how some of these parts look like. They look too much like Ebay parts. I know they are not and not trying to rip on your company Tom just going for the looks point of view. I have seen both Buscher and ETS parts in person and would prefer Buscher over actually anyone. The welds are amazing and the Exhaust was a simple install. It took me a good hour to put on the car and I've never done any exhaust work before. Plus the look and sound of the Buscher exhaust are stunning. The Buscher has a deep growl from out side and going through the gears sounds so evil! At cruising speed(60mph) the car has a small humming noise over stock but is 100% bearable for daily usage. Where as the ETS exhaust has a big problem against the Buscher.

ETS:
3inch to 2.25inch out to 4inch tip=choking I would think considering your pushing out 3inchs of exhaust carbons into a 2.25(stock size tube) out to 4inchs it's common sense that this is not good. Now there performance numbers my say different but I'll take common snese over power.
Plus look at how much stuff you need to put on with the ETS. I would be pulling my hair out with all that stuff.
ETS-$995
Buscher:
3inch to 4inch tip= great flow everything is up from the stock exhaust size so more straight flow is better all around for common sense.
The Dyno proven number for the busher are 28whp & 20ft! Thats what you will put down to the Ground! That is amazing.
Buscher-$850 with free shipping right now that IMO is the best bang for the buck!

wow nice lame comment Both company's produce amazing products. ETS welds are different due to the fact that there is a bigger champers on cuts in the metal which takes more to fill. I have yet to have 1 ETS product weld fail. I feel there product looks and performs top notch
Old May 9, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
wow nice lame comment Both company's produce amazing products. ETS welds are different due to the fact that there is a bigger champers on cuts in the metal which takes more to fill. I have yet to have 1 ETS product weld fail. I feel there product looks and performs top notch
well i think he has an independent opinion, so dont flame him He likes Buschur better so what? I'm sure some will like ETS better.
Lame comments? Yes maybe, but at least he is not sponsored neither one...
Old May 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

+1
Old May 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's perfectly fine It should be pretty self-evident based on the hundreds of positive customer reviews the quality of our products and their craftsmanship, which is why we can offer a lifetime warranty on every part we build

With regard to our exhaust design, it is a 3" into a true merge collector (even distribution to both sections of the exhaust) which splits into twin 2.5" diameter piping. Two 2.5" diameter pipes have a cross sectional area just a hair larger than single 3.5" diameter piping, so flow is definitely not going to be an issue That said, our system is also exactly identical on both sides, thus flow is truly split to take full advantage of the dual design. So both for performance and aesthetics, we designed a truly symmetrical system.

I applaud your enthusiasm for the system you chose as I know that those guys make a quality product as well, and would hope that you'd be as happy post-purchase!

Tom

Quick Reply: ETS vs buschur