Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is it the Ark Design Twin g700 clutch or slave cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it the Ark Design Twin g700 clutch or slave cylinder?

My car is currently running:
Ark Design g700 twin plate clutch
Ssp Clutch Master
Stock Slave

Issue:
I have been running into this issue recently this month. One day randomly while starting my car up the clutch pedal evo x just stuck to the floor. Initial reaction was that I destroyed my clutch master cylinder again, but this wasn't the case as I was able to manually pump the clutch pedal to regain rebound on the clutch. I really thought nothing of this as my car is only used about twice a week. About a week later again same issue, Start car>clutch pedal stuck all the way to floor>manual pump. I decided to start doing my research and make a few calls.

Doubts:
We have come to the conclusion that it could possibly be the slave cylinder having a slight leak, okay I can deal with that. I am opting to start swapping the slave cylinder for a new unit and redoing all the fittings(even on the clutch master) just to be sure. Just the other day while reversing out of a spot all of a sudden the same problem happens foot on clutch>clutch pedal stuck all the way to floor, but this time while the car is in gear and moving. Now at this point I'm starting to think that the actual problem with the car is clutch(only approx 6k on clutch)

Upon re-inspection the actual slave cylinder doesn't look like it has any leaks and the fluid levels are all the same. I don't have much experience with evos in general but I'm drawing the conclusion that a leaky slave cylinder would develop a loss of fluid even if it was an internal failure correct? I have also been noticed ever since I had this clutch put in a slight hesistation inbetween shifts as if I am missing my shifts, but it's unpredictable when it will happen.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has run into this issue.I really do not want to think there is something wrong with my clutch there is barely 6k on it and the car is taken out twice a week. Any feedback or opinions at all would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried re-bleeding?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

I would see if re-bleeding fixes the problem first as well. I'm using the same clutch for about 4k miles with daily driving with some AutoX and haven't ran into this issue. I've been told the design of this clutch (OS Giken) is easy on the Master Cylinder too. The only problem I have is a screeching noise especially when the car is still cold as I engage the clutch. I've asked my shop and a few other techs and it seems like it is normal for this clutch because of the material used. Annoying, but this clutch really grabs .

Good Luck.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Anything fix this? What was it?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am currently experiencing the exact same issue and its the SSP CMC. I got a mail from them today that they are gonna ship out replacements with a new design. Might have been the same with the OP. I am using an Exedy twin HD.