Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Inner transfer case seals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inner transfer case seals

Ok so I made a thread asking opinions about my axle seal leaking and thought that was what my main issue was. Believe it is looking like something else.
So far I replaced the axle seal and it is still leaking. I am having ATF fluid leak out of the axle seal. I talked to John Rip at TRE, shep, and jacks. They said if I'm leaking atf I'ts most likely the piston seals for the acd clutch pack. Jacks transmissions sent me the links for the piston seals for $200 and shep only offerred a full rebuild on the t-case. TRE currently isn't touching Evo X transfer cases because they're so busy.
Here is the link for the piston seals http://www.jackstransmissions.com/collections/evo-t-case/products/acd-piston-seals
I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or pointers as to how hard it is. I already have pulled the first cover off the t case while it is still in the car because I planned to replace the o-rings and I thought there would be a seal inside letting fluid out of the axle seal besides the actual axle seal. Also would like to see if anyone could tell me where a seal goes that comes in the Evo X inner tcase seal kit sold here.
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=30323&cat=1847&page=1

I know the axle seal, and can see where the larger o-ring goes. But can't find any type of charts or diagrams or ANYTHING explaining where those seals go especially the one that is slightly larger than the axle seal. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for any input.