Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

You're Tired of These Threads but... Build Help

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question You're Tired of These Threads but... Build Help

I know there are a ton of threads like this and I read them but I would still like some help. I'm no car guru so what I need is an exact part list to meet my goals.

My main priority is a reliable daily driver. Second would be quick spool and around 400-425whp without building the engine. Budget around 10k - 15k including labor but if I can get away with spending less that's great.

Currently only power mods are boltons which include:
- ETS test pipe back
- UICP
- HKS filter
- Perrin inlet
- Accessport
- AMS front mount (not installed)
- Grimspeed 3port (not installed)

Need to buy:
- Clutch - ?
- Flywheel - ?
- CMC - (AMS)
- Turbo - ?
- Injectors - ?
- Downpipe - (AMS)
- Intake - ?
- ?

The need to buy are parts off the top of my head that I know I will need. I'm sure I'm missing items so please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by smoothevo; May 31, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smoothevo
I know there are a ton of threads like this and I read them but I would still like some help. I'm no car guru so what I need is an exact part list to meet my goals.

My main priority is a reliable daily driver. Second would be quick spool and around 400-425whp without building the engine. Budget around 10k - 15k including labor but if I can get away with spending less that's great.

- ETS test pipe back
- UICP
- HKS filter
- Accessport

Need to buy:
- Clutch - ?
- Flywheel - ?
- CMC - (AMS)
- Turbo - ?
- Injectors - ?
- Downpipe - (AMS)
- Intake - ?
- ?

The need to buy are parts off the top of my head that I know I will need. I'm sure I'm missing items so please let me know.

Thanks
400-425? you wont need 10k! save the extra for just in case money or suspension.

turbo. fp green or map ef2 or similar stock frame turbo. quick spool and good usable power.
downpipe.
intercooler.
fuel injectors.
fuel pump.
tune.

that setup should be good for ~400 whp on a dynojet on 93 octane. total should be around $4000 if you do the labor yourself.

no need for clutch or flywheel unless u burn the clutch up.

Last edited by momostallion; May 31, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ that kinda sounds like kracka's build now that i think about it.

his build thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/al...er-gheyer.html
Old May 31, 2012, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smoothevo

- ETS test pipe back
- UICP
- HKS filter
- Accessport

Need to buy:
- Clutch - ?
- Flywheel - ?
- CMC - (AMS)
- Turbo - ?
- Injectors - ?
- Downpipe - (AMS)
- Intake - ?
- ?

Thanks
You pretty much have the idea of what you need. Just pick which turbo you want: EF2, BBX Lite, FP Green. Injectors: FIC 1100cc or ID1000cc. Fuel Pump just for reassurance although stock one should be good right at 400whp.

Although honestly I'd say do all your full bolt on's first and get tuned. I think that power is plenty for a daily and fastest spool you'll get. Stock turbo should be good for 360 to 370whp if set up and tuned right.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

you could also do full bolt ons and e85 if that's available in your area. either on stock turbo or on top of all those mods!

e85 requires fuel pump kit that e85 safe + injectors such as the ones mentioned above.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to thred jack but... at this power level are drop-in pistons and rods necessary??? I too dd my X and was looking into a similar parts list and power goal.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pbayr0lla321
Not to thred jack but... at this power level are drop-in pistons and rods necessary??? I too dd my X and was looking into a similar parts list and power goal.
no, you shouldn't. the safeness of the tune will be the primary dictating factor but if everything is right, the bottom end is good to around 400+ ft/lbs of torque. some will say even up to 450 but just know anything beyond that you are really stressing the stock bottom end and could throw a rod on a high gear pull.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by momostallion
no, you shouldn't. the safeness of the tune will be the primary dictating factor but if everything is right, the bottom end is good to around 400+ ft/lbs of torque. some will say even up to 450 but just know anything beyond that you are really stressing the stock bottom end and could throw a rod on a high gear pull.
400+whp with a stock motor, fuel, turbo, and bolt-ons.. dammit I love these cars
Old May 31, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I should have mentioned it but I only have 93 available where I live. My clutch isn't slipping but it has started to release very high so I think it's close to letting lose.