Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ID2000 Injectors (Pump Gas)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ID2000 Injectors (Pump Gas)

I have these injectors for my build which is in the process of being completed. I will be using them primarily on 93 but also E85. Now for those who have, have had, or experience with ID2000's I was wondering the following;

From what I have read everyone but a FEW don't use them for pump unless "necessary" or "emergency" for obvious reasons. What most people say is "drivability issues" or "they are fine at WOT." Everyone has their different comfort levels or what they can tolerate as daily driving. Is this more of an annoyance and having to be cautious or does that mean "your ****s just going to stall every 5 feet."

So with that said, can someone elaborate on "drivability issues" and what to expect?

Thanks, I'd appreciate any input.

Last edited by The Unknown; Aug 9, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will need a very good tuner AND tons of work on dialing them in to get it working right.

Are you using Cobb AP or Ecuflash? Also 2.0L or bigger?

If you want them to truly work correctly, you will have to do a few things...

-smooth out your fuel cal map
-run in open loop all the time
-use MAP tables for the entire tune, no longer will your car use your MAF tables...so basically full speed density.
-then you will really have to smooth everything out and screw with your IPW too to see what works.

I have only seen one person get the ID2000's to work acceptably on pump, that is Hollywood. So start by shooting him a PM. I think Tephra got pretty close to getting his working right but he still didn't like it.

This is not an easy task to get it perfect but as far as the level of driveability people accept you'd have to ask those people. You could probably get it to work ok without doing all of these but I wouldn't run these injectors unless you have like 1 of 4 people I can think of dialing in your tune.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Good luck.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Murlo- Yeah I had a feeling it wouldn't be easy since both of them are pretty knowledgeable and it still took them some time dialing things in or they are on a constant basis. The tune will be done by JESTR @ Titan in Orlando. It will be a ECU flash and dual map 93/E85. Obviously, the E85 will not be an issue. Some of the personal reason I want to push to use the ID2000 are;

- Already bought... not cheap.
-Everything is already in place to use them.
-I have already moved and I have been sleeping on a friends couch for weeks waiting only to get the car.
-Not working, and in reality I can't throw any more cash at the car unless absolutely necessary.
-Time constraint (already months behind...)

Once the car is tuned and broken in I will be driving from Orlando -> Tampa -> Chicago and that's my biggest concern.

Kracka - Thanks, haha nothing like adding to my concern!

Last edited by The Unknown; Aug 9, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

For pump gas it's difficult to get everything perfect but it can be done, Tephra and I have an advantage because we both have stroker motors with larger displacement. The trick is getting you MAP and MAF calibrated correctly, and this will depend on your engine build plus turbo.

Mine will be a starting point for you but I have attached my tune for 91oct and my E85. I gave you one Cobb map and one ECUflash map. Extrapolate from them to make your map or have your tuner do it. If you need more help just send me another PM

BTW I had to go over and look at your build thread to see what you have going on. 1) DO NOT use that aluminum pulley, check out my thread on the other forum as to why. 2) What fuel pump / system are you using? 3) That clutch probably won't hold if you turn that turbo up to kill.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
91oct 62 @ 22psi.zip (7.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hollywood_X
For pump gas it's difficult to get everything perfect but it can be done, Tephra and I have an advantage because we both have stroker motors with larger displacement. The trick is getting you MAP and MAF calibrated correctly, and this will depend on your engine build plus turbo.

Mine will be a starting point for you but I have attached my tune for 91oct and my E85. I gave you one Cobb map and one ECUflash map. Extrapolate from them to make your map or have your tuner do it. If you need more help just send me another PM

BTW I had to go over and look at your build thread to see what you have going on. 1) DO NOT use that aluminum pulley, check out my thread on the other forum as to why. 2) What fuel pump / system are you using? 3) That clutch probably won't hold if you turn that turbo up to kill.
Thanks for getting back to me and providing that information, I really appreciate it. I will definitely keep you posted on the progress. Hopefully, I can be #3.

1) I am going to try remove the pulley before the tune. I definitely can't risk something of that caliber going wrong at this point in the game.
2) I am using FullBlown double pumper 2 xFB340's
3) I didn't think I would run into any issues with the clutch since its Spec 3+ (595TQ) but I could be wrong? I don't plan on going ***** to the wall because the tran etc. is all stock at this moment. In all honesty, I am not sure what to expect out of this build power wise.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

All clutches power is quoted at the flywheel, so think more like 450wtq.
Set your base fuel pressure to 33psior so to keep your IDC over 1%
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Update: Well the car has never been turned over but 2 times or at idle for more then 1 minute on stock pump, injectors, and fuel setup. However, JESTR just informed me that he did get the car running on the new setup and a tech drove it around today for the first time. The full tune will be tomorrow night. Glad to hear the good news and I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited by The Unknown; Aug 13, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

No success last night. They are having to rewire one of the fuel pumps because they couldn't get the fuel pressure under 60psi at idle. The next try is tomorrow...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Typically the fuel pressure issue is having the orifice on the return line siphon pump fitting too small.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

So we got all of the crap situated and I have been driving the car since last Friday. We ended up using the new AEM failsafe gauge that I bought to actually turn on the second pump at 10lbs of boost. The car idled with the AC on but was kinda of all over the place because the compressor would go on and off. It felt like I was driving a damn race car and was constantly bliping the gas to keep it from dying. The thing literally was a PITA to drive and was bogging out at every light almost. People just stared at me because I was constantly revving at lights haha.

Today I went back down to Orlando and had JESTR fix a couple of things and im idling around 1,300rpms. Its perfect and feels just like stock, no more blippin the gas or worrying about the car dying. So much easier to take off from lights as well. The lightweight flywheel doesnt help make that easy either but I have gotten used to it now. I am not sure why people hate them so much. Also... this thing EATS gas... I am probably like 130-150 to a full tank.

Thanks Hollywood and everyone else for their input.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
tscompusa sent me a map that fired my car up on the first try on fic2150's and 93 octane.

ZERO problems.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xRoguex
tscompusa sent me a map that fired my car up on the first try on fic2150's and 93 octane.

ZERO problems.
Nice, yeah I was just having idle problems because this is 2x340s , ID2000 on a 2.0L. I dunno... haha. Not sure what you were running but either way we are both good apparently so that's all that matters.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by hollywood_X
Typically the fuel pressure issue is having the orifice on the return line siphon pump fitting too small.
come back Hollywood need help
Old Mar 14, 2019, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
I've had to tune loads of engines running ID2000's and pump gas. As most people have said already: They can be fine tuned and work very good BUT it take some time to fine tune and make everything smooth and consistent. I often times have to use the 2000 ID's on high power/high RPM honda engines, with good tuning you can still idle at under 1000 rpm and get the car driving as smooth butter.
****key is to use clean healthy injector dynamic 2000cc injectors (other manufactures DO NOT flow match as well and when the injector is 2000cc matching must be perfect)