Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another Synapse DV question..

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Synapse DV question..

So I was getting horrible surge with my gtx3576r ever since it was install and tune. I get surge mostly 4.5-5k on 4 and 5 gear. I was told I need a DV so decided to go Synapse. Let me tell you something getting this DV was a pita! Being they're local you would think it would be a lot easier to get. It came with NO instructions and I'm pretty sure I got a used unit. I'm confuse on what it looks like being "push and pull" so if someone can post pictures that'll be grrreat. I tried both A+B and still surge and a little flutter. I never had this problem with my mhi-18k turbo. I'm starting to think it's too big of a turbo for my liking. Any advise and suggestion would be appreciated.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I hated the synapse DV. Too finicky imo. I swapped to a TiAL QR with a 6psi spring and haven't looked back since.
Old May 6, 2017, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by e_kobz
I hated the synapse DV. Too finicky imo. I swapped to a TiAL QR with a 6psi spring and haven't looked back since.
Hoping not to go that route. Spent too money on this Damn thing.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

is this pull or push?
Old May 7, 2017, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
So I was getting horrible surge with my gtx3576r ever since it was install and tune. I get surge mostly 4.5-5k on 4 and 5 gear. I was told I need a DV so decided to go Synapse. Let me tell you something getting this DV was a pita! Being they're local you would think it would be a lot easier to get. It came with NO instructions and I'm pretty sure I got a used unit. I'm confuse on what it looks like being "push and pull" so if someone can post pictures that'll be grrreat. I tried both A+B and still surge and a little flutter. I never had this problem with my mhi-18k turbo. I'm starting to think it's too big of a turbo for my liking. Any advise and suggestion would be appreciated.
I think people say yellow spring is the one to use.