Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Gear lever issue '11 GSR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gear lever issue '11 GSR

Hello All,

I have this issue with my car, when the car is cold, the gear lever has a good spring action when I pull it out of a gear (say 2nd to 3rd) where it comes to the center position. But when the car is hot, I lose the spring action and have to push it to the center. I'm guessing that some part needs to be lubricated.
Could someone guide me to where I have to lubricate and what grease?
If there is already a thread regarding this issue, could anyone guide me to that thread please?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
That's interesting! Well the two easiest spots to check would be just under the shifter and under the hood on top of the transmission.

For the shifter, if you pull the cup holder trim straight up it'll pop right out, then there's two screws holding the plastic trim around the shifter, take them out then lube and areas that move.

Under the hood, look on top of the transmission and you'll see two linkages that look like this http://www.3si.org/forum/attachments..._installed.jpg
Just lube them up and see if there's any difference.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jakgal04
That's interesting! Well the two easiest spots to check would be just under the shifter and under the hood on top of the transmission.

For the shifter, if you pull the cup holder trim straight up it'll pop right out, then there's two screws holding the plastic trim around the shifter, take them out then lube and areas that move.

Under the hood, look on top of the transmission and you'll see two linkages that look like this http://www.3si.org/forum/attachments..._installed.jpg
Just lube them up and see if there's any difference.
Sure... I'll try it this weekend.
Thanks!