Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone used an exedy stage 1 HD before?

Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone used an exedy stage 1 HD before?

I'm just about done with my engine swap and swapped the stock clutch out with ACT flywheel and exedy stage 1 with heavy duty pressure plate. Everything is aligned, new throw out bearing, Transmission slipped in flawlessly and throwout bearing snapped onto pressure plate with ease. HOWEVER, before putting the clutch hydraulics back on, i tried to move the clutch fork with a 12 inch wrench to see if the clutch would move, but the fork would not move. I'm skeptical now because i'm not sure if the pressure plate is just extremely heavy or i ef'd something up.. Any suggestions of reassurances? I really don't want to put everything back just to find out I gotta take off the tranny again...

Note: I can move fork out towards the driver side to take off the throwout bearing, but can't get the pressure plate to move the other.

Last edited by ossimbrian; Nov 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 08:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
You can not generate the force required to release the clutch. As long as the TOB is locked in place, you're good to go.