Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Gen 2 Gtx3582r stock location setup

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen 2 Gtx3582r stock location setup

I'm currently coming to the realization that not many people have touched the gen 2 GTX series. In about 5 weeks i will have some dyno data available on the gen 2 GTX3582r. Currently my engine is being completely built!

TPG 2.0 stage 3 build
Tpg Spec Wiseco HD 10:1 pistons
Manley turbo tuff rods
ACL Race Bearings
ARP Main Bolt Kit
Darton Sleeves
Balanced and blueprinted
TPG Race port Cylinder Heads
-Hand Port Matched Cylinder Heads
5 angle Valve job
Gcs Springs/ Retainers
Gsc s2 Cams
Custom Aged 625+ ARP Head Studs
Magnus mivec Delete
complete radium fuel system
-walbro 450 pumps
-8 feed line and -6 return
-fuel rail, dampener and pressure regulator
- dual pump
ets 4"intercoller, upper and lower pipe
Map rev2 intake 3.5in
50mm tial recirculating bov
Omni 4 bar
cobb 3port boost solenoid
AMS downpipe, test pipe
ets v2 extreme exhaust
Map cast manifold with coating
Gen 2 GTX3582r
Tephra v3 with Flex fuel kit
Exedy twin disc

Hoping for great numbers and turbo response.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 08:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
All that work and you're gonna limit yourself to a stock frame? Car could push 750+ with same turbo on Vband turbo kit.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
All that work and you're gonna limit yourself to a stock frame? Car could push 750+ with same turbo on Vband turbo kit.
That's exactly what I'm going to be pushing is about 700hp but that will be a conservative tune. I didn't know i was going to have my engine fully built. I'm literally coming from stock to this. I originally was only going to do bolt-ons including this bigger turbo. Unfortunately that changed after I already bought the parts a while ago.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Good luck.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
So what's limiting with a MAP cast manifold (22% bigger runners than stock) and GT35 hotside? With that configuration, what is he limiting for hot flow? Vband is just a pipe mating method. What am I missing here?

To the OP: that was one big giant fast leap into the Evo X world, I hope the shop and tuner you have doing all this meets your goals, quality, etc...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 05:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaraxle
So what's limiting with a MAP cast manifold (22% bigger runners than stock) and GT35 hotside? With that configuration, what is he limiting for hot flow? Vband is just a pipe mating method. What am I missing here?

To the OP: that was one big giant fast leap into the Evo X world, I hope the shop and tuner you have doing all this meets your goals, quality, etc...
The turbine housing is vastly different and very much a restriction in stock frame form.

Non-stock frame:

Stock frame:

The following users liked this post:
FreakEVO (Sep 29, 2018)
Old Mar 31, 2018, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Ahhhh.. This is where the devious A/R comes into play. While the A/R may be LARGER for the stock frame, the actual DIAMETERS of the volute are quite smaller. A/R being just that: a ratio...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jaraxle

Yea I'm jumping pretty far for sure compared to my original plans for this year lol I trust tpg tuning completely, they have shown there amazing work time and time again. I'm excited to see the outcome here in 3 weeks
Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice
Old May 8, 2018, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Any update?
Old May 8, 2018, 08:05 AM

Update

Hey guys! I should be getting the car back any day now. Just waiting on the phone call for dyno day.
Old May 16, 2018, 02:00 AM

Is it just the ATP GT35r evo x turbine housing bolted up to the gtx3582r to use it on the Map cast manifold? Sorry for the noob question\
Old May 25, 2018, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And update? Seriously looking into this turbo for my stock bottom end X. Can't wait to see what your car makes!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 08:01 PM

Update

Originally Posted by OZRalliartG
Is it just the ATP GT35r evo x turbine housing bolted up to the gtx3582r to use it on the Map cast manifold? Sorry for the noob question\
Originally Posted by Biga**camgears
And update? Seriously looking into this turbo for my stock bottom end X. Can't wait to see what your car makes!
Update - had a few issues with the clutch but that's straightened out and the car has been tuned. Once I pick it up hopefully I'll have some dyno sheets for you. Numbers came to 655 on e85 and only 470 on 93oct. Idk why 93 is so low but I will once I talk with them in person😕😕 these tunes were performed on a mustang dyno if ur wondering. And yes it's an atp bolt on which is the limiting factor for my build, t4 next summer!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrgoodwrench
Update - had a few issues with the clutch but that's straightened out and the car has been tuned. Once I pick it up hopefully I'll have some dyno sheets for you. Numbers came to 655 on e85 and only 470 on 93oct. Idk why 93 is so low but I will once I talk with them in person😕😕 these tunes were performed on a mustang dyno if ur wondering. And yes it's an atp bolt on which is the limiting factor for my build, t4 next summer!
You kinda answered your own question with why the 93 tune is low... Garrett Turbos predominantly only work with Garrett Turbine housings. They have always been that way. Kinda crazy you didnt just go T4 in the 1st place? Now you are gunna be up for a whole new flex or dual map tune again when you go T4. Do it once. Do it right..

Quick Reply: Gen 2 Gtx3582r stock location setup