Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

My big turbo build

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 07:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Don't even waste your time with CBRD. I've known Chad for years and years and helped him countless times as an industry "friend" with testing his turbos, posting results, setting up ROMs for him, and tuning. Almost every time without any financial benefit.

Recently I needed a place to ship my car to do some work on it as I moved from the West Coast to the East Coast. Chad said "yes, sure thing, I'll get you taken care of, call me on my mobile and we will get it taken care of" I called him four times, he never picked up, I left him msgs. He never once got back to me. Now he is working at a Porsche dealership and posting on social media like he is the king of the world. Dude, you work at a dealership.

He literally doesn't care.

I don't care saying all that, he burned my bridge. Lesson learned.

This industry seriously blows *** 99.9% of the time.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am very glad I never went with Chad at CBRD for my 8374 kit. I emailed and called many times and recieved no answer. I would never spend that much money at a shop that wouldn't give me the time of day.

If he has a new job why is his website still up and taking orders? The community should spread the word so others don't get screwed by him.

Does his Facebook show he is still up and running?
It seems Chad has zero integrity and doesn't keep promises. I don't know how he can live with himself taking people's money and then leaving them hanging like that.

Moore Automotive has great communication and seem very knowledgeable. I would have went with them if they made a kit without an external waste gate.

It is sad so many shoos in the evo world dont stand behind their product and / or have extreamly long build times.

Last edited by DjEclipse; Apr 18, 2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Don't even waste your time with CBRD. I've known Chad for years and years and helped him countless times as an industry "friend" with testing his turbos, posting results, setting up ROMs for him, and tuning. Almost every time without any financial benefit.

Recently I needed a place to ship my car to do some work on it as I moved from the West Coast to the East Coast. Chad said "yes, sure thing, I'll get you taken care of, call me on my mobile and we will get it taken care of" I called him four times, he never picked up, I left him msgs. He never once got back to me. Now he is working at a Porsche dealership and posting on social media like he is the king of the world. Dude, you work at a dealership.

Sounds like he fell off his horse....sad.
I know you guys shared allot back in the day when business was poppin.
Now that the market has moved on and gone soft after the busy years people must have insight to move on.
No excuse though for someone to turn their back on you especially after you provided so much effort for their business.

You are right though....the .1 percenters ...where are they?

Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by whtrice
Sounds like he fell off his horse....sad.
I know you guys shared allot back in the day when business was poppin.
Now that the market has moved on and gone soft after the busy years people must have insight to move on.
No excuse though for someone to turn their back on you especially after you provided so much effort for their business.

You are right though....the .1 percenters ...where are they?
Lack of integrity and general respect for the people that supported his business by spending their money on his products / shop. And for the people that seemingly helped him for free so he could turn a profit.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by DjEclipse
I am very glad I never went with Chad at CBRD for my 8374 kit. I emailed and called many times and recieved no answer. I would never spend that much money at a shop that wouldn't give me the time of day.

If he has a new job why is his website still up and taking orders? The community should spread the word so others don't get screwed by him.

Does his Facebook show he is still up and running?
It seems Chad has zero integrity and doesn't keep promises. I don't know how he can live with himself taking people's money and then leaving them hanging like that.

Moore Automotive has great communication and seem very knowledgeable. I would have went with them if they made a kit without an external waste gate.

It is sad so many shoos in the evo world dont stand behind their product and / or have extreamly long build times.
Sad story that CBRD has become like this. As the model's production has ended, there is now also less aftermarket business. Less Evo specialty shops, yeah, but a good shop becoming bad is sad.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, it's sad. Great guy personally, but as a business owner it is obvious he bit off more than he could chew.

It's hard to be the front desk receptionist, fabricator, tuner, scheduler, dispatcher, facilities manager, social media manager, etc. especially when your shop is actually picking up a solid reputation as far as quality.

I was apprehensive when he was texting from his personal cell phone number with a facility that size, and amount of cars just siting in the shop with just one employee.

Anyway, sad because he turns pretty good work. However, I'm going to post pictures of some "fabricated" heat shields and mounting hardware for his cold air intake. It works, until the single bolt holding a 5 pound piece of metal with some gold foil on it vibrates loose from being mounted on the compressor housing of the turbo.

Oh well.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 06:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
I disagree he is a great guy. Guy that you have helped for years that say that "they will take care of it, just call me" and then never pickup or return calls after saying that, is not a great guy in my book.

Dude has been posting "hey check out this evo I just tuned at the shop I no longer own" and "bruh, I sold some porsches to this rich guy, look how happy he is" on his facebook account the last couple days. I guess to him, self promotion > long term relationships.

F him.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 07:49 PM

I disagree he is a great guy. Guy that you have helped for years that say that "they will take care of it, just call me" and then never pickup or return calls after saying that, is not a great guy in my book.

Dude has been posting "hey check out this evo I just tuned at the shop I no longer own" and "bruh, I sold some porsches to this rich guy, look how happy he is" on his facebook account the last couple days. I guess to him, self promotion > long term relationships.

F him.
100% agreed. No integrity!