Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Newbie wanting flex fuel

Old Sep 22, 2018, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie wanting flex fuel

I wanna run flex fuel on my Evo X and have some parts I知 thinking about buying. So I知 thinking doing the driven fab flex fuel kit with then maperformance Evo X e85 400+ Fuel upgrade kit (750 dollars). My Evo has full bolt ons and a tune. Is everything I listed what I need for e85 (I know I need a tune) and are these considered good parts to run.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 07:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Search, this has been asked and answered a million times over.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tcaster
I wanna run flex fuel on my Evo X and have some parts I知 thinking about buying. So I知 thinking doing the driven fab flex fuel kit with then maperformance Evo X e85 400+ Fuel upgrade kit (750 dollars). My Evo has full bolt ons and a tune. Is everything I listed what I need for e85 (I know I need a tune) and are these considered good parts to run.
Do not get that MAP kit, you need to at least get the 500 HP kit with ID 1300X, but I recommend the ID 1700X and MAP should be able to substitute for those and the cost is same or maybe +$100. You will probably never outgrow 1700s unless you build an 800+ WHP drag car. One of the most common mistakes made by newbies and and others (like myself) is getting injectors that are too small and later having to sell the small ones, upgrade and do a major retune for a mod change that pushes you beyond the 1000cc injectors.

Search this Thread