Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X won’t idle at operating temp..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X won’t idle at operating temp..

Hey guys,

New here to the forums. Just finished up my 2010 efr9174 build. Problem is the car won’t idle once it reaches operating temp. Starts up great on cold starts, once it warm is when it acts up and won’t idle.

Here is my setup:

2.0 darton sleeved block
port polished head
BC stage 2 cams
wiseco pistons
manley rods
stock crank
ams fuel rail
stock injectors (for break in)
fuel lap FPR
044 fuel pump
MAP 3.5” intake
tubular turbo mani
dual turbo smart wastegates
aluminum flywheel etc etc.

I’ve tried checking boost leaks (none), changing throttle body, checking all vacuum lines (good), front 02 sensor is good (no codes), changing map sensor, idling the car up in ecu flash. I had to replace the vacuum line from the evap solenoid to the hard line, which seemed like it fixed it for about a day, but the problem came back. No check engine lights, fuel pressure is good. I’m not sure what else it could be. Anyone have any idea? Tried searching around but haven’t found anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited by Turbosteve33; Feb 5, 2019 at 09:26 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old Feb 13, 2019, 02:43 PM

Just thought I'd post my fix.
By checking everything possible, my last resort was to log Mivec to see where i was at during idle when the car was at operating temp. Sure enough the exhaust side was -26* when the target was 0.
I ended up switching out the mivec solenoids and ran a 20w50 oil. Idling seems normal at operating temp and mivec now looks like its tracking perfectly!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbosteve33
Just thought I'd post my fix.
By checking everything possible, my last resort was to log Mivec to see where i was at during idle when the car was at operating temp. Sure enough the exhaust side was -26* when the target was 0.
I ended up switching out the mivec solenoids and ran a 20w50 oil. Idling seems normal at operating temp and mivec now looks like its tracking perfectly!
Thx for posting the fix instead of leaving the thread blank. I read about another person having a problem like this on another forum, it will be helpful.

The following users liked this post:
Turbosteve33 (Feb 14, 2019)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by DjEclipse
Thx for posting the fix instead of leaving the thread blank. I read about another person having a problem like this on another forum, it will be helpful.

Yeah for sure, no problem. Honestly i believe the heavier weight oil is what mostly fixed the issue since I never got a code for the MIVEC or solenoids.
Hopefully this would help someone else out!