Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

14 EVO X GSR Rear diff swap to MR???

Old May 26, 2019, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 14 EVO X GSR Rear diff swap to MR???

SO... long story short my rear diff is done! I was driving turned the corner and hit the gas heard a loud clanking noise, put on jacks to turn the wheel to reproduce the sound. The rear diff was rocking bad in my EVO X GSR and then I did some research and found out my suspicions were correct. Drained the fluid metal came out sure I broke the rack and pinion.

So back to my post will the MR rear diff swap directly into my 2014 EVO X GSR if so what year MR can I swap directly without changing the axel's or mounts? Here is the post that I was going off of, just so you understand I did my research.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ial-evo-x.html

But the post are not clear on what diff I can swap directly into my 14 EVO X GSR, I may have over read something but I need to order a rear diff and I want to make sure that I get everything that I need before I began to tear everything apart.

So the question I need answered: Will the EVO X MR Diff swap with the EVO X GSR Diff without any other changes? If there are changes needed with the EVO X MR diff what are they?

Here is what it sounds like and what my 2014 EVO X GSR diff is doing: https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...M2SXrBdDFLBXqr
Old May 28, 2019, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 710 Likes on 668 Posts
The rear diff is the same. No changes will be needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.