EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   Nisei Install Question? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/364209-nisei-install-question.html)

Bar Aug 17, 2008 02:03 PM

Nisei Install Question?

I have this kit:

http://home.comcast.net/~alen-k/nisei.jpg

But number 1 and number 3 connected to the stock intake pipe, and number 2 connected to the BOV.

I am not sure how to connect these now that the Nisei Pipe only has a BOV return line.

Nisei's site has no instructions at all, just some useless pics.

http://home.comcast.net/~alen-k/car.jpg

Please help, trying to finish this tonight.

letMeIn Aug 17, 2008 02:40 PM

Put a filter on 1. This is to remove oil vapors. Some people attach it to a catch can then air intake, others put a small filter. 2 looks like its going to intake manifold, and 3 stock boost controller. You may have to run MBC and cap stock boost controller. I don't have X, but thats what I think it is.

Next time don't buy Nisei .. Customer service is Non existent, and product aint that great either . ETS, AMS, Buschur or TT better buy

Bar Aug 17, 2008 02:59 PM

figured it out, close

STi2EvoX Aug 17, 2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by letMeIn (Post 6018024)
Put a filter on 1. This is to remove oil vapors. Some people attach it to a catch can then air intake, others put a small filter. 2 looks like its going to intake manifold, and 3 stock boost controller. You may have to run MBC and cap stock boost controller. I don't have X, but thats what I think it is.

Next time don't buy Nisei .. Customer service is Non existent, and product aint that great either . ETS, AMS, Buschur or TT better buy

Nisei is great quality stuff man, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Their quaity is second to none with more advanced and more expensive to produce parts than the competition for the same price or less. Who else goes through the trouble of producing long, 1 piece mandrel pipes that increase tooling and manufacturing costs? Everyone else just makes 2 piece units that don't cost as much to produce, yet they charge the same price. Plus, from what I can gather they make about the best intercoolers on the market. Also I don't know why you are knocking their customer service; Kevin is about the nicest guy I've talked to in a long time and more than willing to help you out if you have questions. If you need help with something, just call and leave a message and Kevin will get back to you promptly. Customer service doesn't really get much better than that. Don't knock them just because they are a small company; these small companies often make better stuff than the big dogs.

flagg77 Aug 18, 2008 11:14 AM

Bar, i'm actually thinking about getting this kit. Can you post up what you figured out? How about a quick review / updated pics (while i'm requesting stuff lol)?

Thanks

ikuto Aug 18, 2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by flagg77 (Post 6020697)
Bar, i'm actually thinking about getting this kit. Can you post up what you figured out? How about a quick review / updated pics (while i'm requesting stuff lol)?

Thanks

I've called Kevin myself asking about how to install it because I had the same questions myself. The breather filter goes to the crankcase which is "1" and just leave "3" hanging out. Kevin says that the "3" line is just to meet emissions and will not cause CEL. I've been running it like that for a few days now just fine. Just make sure "2" goes back to your Diverter Valve. If you are still unsure give Kevin a call or email, he will be glad to help you out.

hawaiian_evo Aug 18, 2008 11:00 PM

like the guy said above let 1 and 3 vent to the atmosphere and 2 is the vaccume line goes to the diverter/bov

Dyno4mance Aug 19, 2008 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by flagg77 (Post 6020697)

Thanks

Guys, it's not hard, that is my pic up top btw. If you look at the bag in the top right you will see a piece of hose and a filter those are for the vent on the top of the valve cover. The line off the boost solenoid setup is the vent line you can leave that as is it's just for the air that the solenoids bypass.

ricanevo Aug 19, 2008 05:14 AM

man i knew i seen that pic before. :lol:

dcasandman Aug 19, 2008 05:25 AM

Nice thread to read before I start my install. I was in the garage last night to put my AME intake and Nisei stuff in, go to pull the hood latch and it breaks, so no install.

Im not sure what the guy up top is talking about when it comes to customer service either. Kevin gave me his cell number if I had any problems and I was a first time customer that only spent 190 dollars on the UICP initially. The one piece looks amazing and fits perfectly. You dont have to fiddle with it at all it just goes on. Im sure the LICP/Inlet will be the same. I cant image the other being any better quality. Plus Mandrel Bent > Welds IMO. Plus I havent heard any blow off or fitment or clearance issues with Nisei like I have heard from some other companies on here.

letMeIn Aug 19, 2008 06:44 AM

I guess since they released new stuff for X they finally answer the phone and emails. When I was shopping for Nisei pipes for Evo 8-9, there was no way to get in touch with them , nor I couldn't find any dealer that carried Nisei pipes.

So I went to ETS and told them to make me aluminium pipes. At least the BOV return outlet is on top of the pipe and not bottom like Nisei.

ricanevo Aug 19, 2008 07:10 AM

^^^

something tell me your about to get a lot of knowledge why it maybe better where NISEI relocated the BOV.

dcasandman Aug 19, 2008 07:44 AM

Im pretty sure there was no reason other than getting rid of the big ugly hose sticking up in the compartment that looks out of place. moved. Plus the stock BOV is kinda cheap looking compared to the aftermarket. I dont mind hiding it since I wont be buying an aftermarket BOV. There are no performance advantages just a different look. I personally like it becasue of this, but to each his own. I almost got ETS stuff also, Tom is super nice. I personally dont like reviews on a product where someone says one is better then the other when they have never used the product theemselves. If you got bad customer service you have personal experience with that so I will accept it, but since you never had one of their products not sure how you could review it. Im just happy this thread got started before I started installing

antics22 Aug 19, 2008 12:02 PM

^ not to take things off topic, but did u get your latch lever replaced yet?

BACK ON TOPIC.

Heres the lower in nisei red installed on my X

http://www.antdot.com/mygallery/main...g2_itemId=6600

dcasandman Aug 19, 2008 12:36 PM

Nope latch not fixed yet. Parts come in Thursday. I was so pissed cause it was only in 70s here which is rare when I was going to put it on. Had al the tools laid out with a beer and everything. I was so pumped to get some quiet guy time. Go to pull the latch and boom it breaks. Im hoping to have everything fixed thursday.