EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   First Time At The Track 12.61 @ 111.00mph! *un-tuned* Also HELP With Clutch Question! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/422516-first-time-track-12-61-111-00mph-un-tuned-also-help-clutch-question.html)

Evo-IX-MOMO248 May 22, 2009 08:06 AM

First Time At The Track 12.61 @ 111.00mph! *un-tuned* Also HELP With Clutch Question!

So i went to the track for the first time EVER 2 nights ago. Only got 2 runs in but was very happy with the outcome of my second run. First time i was a little jumpy and forgot to take traction control off so i wound up with a 2.1 60' and a 13.1 @ 108.91mph. The second time i took tractin control off and that helped me out alot and put down a 1.7 60'. That run i ran a 12.6 @ 111.00mph.

Mods are Artisan exhaust/test-pipe; AMS intercooler, licp, uicp, & intake; and forge mbc 24psi. Still un-tuned. Going tomorrow to Ivey to get tuned.

I think that last run was a sweet run for my first time and un-tuned.

My question though is this...my clutch seems to feel different after i got back from the track. I only launched it twice and i didn't' ride/slip the hell out of it. Its hard to explain but when i push it in, instead of it being smooth, it kinda has a shaky/bumpy feeling to it. Almost like a slight vibartion to say. Hard to explain. Does anyone know if this is something i should worry about..slipping clutch already? I know the stock X clutches aren't that great but could 2 launches already mess it up that bad?

atombomb33 May 22, 2009 08:19 AM

GET YOUR CAR TUNED!!! There are a few stories running around about some 4B11s going kaboom because the owners didn't have their car tuned for their mods.

Clark_Kent May 22, 2009 08:20 AM

I would be concerned about the clutch. Just be ready for a replacement soon.

Ultimateone May 22, 2009 08:20 AM

he's only running 24psi

Evo-IX-MOMO248 May 22, 2009 08:30 AM

^^exactly! i didn't really turn the boost up. I've seen my car spike to 24psi before the controller. I just put the controller in to hold boost up top. And yea im going tomorrow to get tuned.

Im just paranoid about this clutch feeling issue.

Evo-IX-MOMO248 May 22, 2009 09:52 AM

when i go tomorrow to get tuned at Ivey hopefully they can tell me whats going on with the clutch. Does anyone one know what it could be with my clutch from what im feeling with it?

Sean@Iveytune May 22, 2009 10:11 AM

Please make sure to bring all the hoses for the stock boost controller setup.

See you tommorow.

Sean

Evo-IX-MOMO248 May 22, 2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune (Post 7089319)
Please make sure to bring all the hoses for the stock boost controller setup.

See you tommorow.

Sean

Alright i'll grab them. Do you plan on controlling boost through the ECU and not use the mbc?

Sean@Iveytune May 22, 2009 10:30 AM

Yes make sure you bring them. We use the ecu for boost control. Works great.

The MBC works, but it can cause issues with the Trustfull checks, which we can sort if given more time.

Sean

steinvb12 May 22, 2009 12:28 PM

Those are some good mph for going untuned. I can't imagine you would pick up that much more mph with a tune. But the tune will make the car feel better everywhere else I am sure.

Post your #'s up when you get them.

Evo a Mula May 25, 2009 12:46 AM

good ass numbers get tunned and honestly get ready for a new clutch

jk68x3 May 25, 2009 01:19 AM

i have read about a few issues with the clutch burning and warping the flywheel. the factory clutch does not have a strong enough pressure plate(my opinion). so i would recommend a new clutch and flywheel asap. im putting off mods till i get the clutch myself. but once i get it changed i will put a post with pics of the old clutch and flywheel on here. mind u mines been slipping since day one and im at 15000.

Evo-IX-MOMO248 Jun 15, 2009 08:24 AM

i got a question...might be sort of noob question but im confused on this so instead of making a new thread i'll ask here.

what does it mean if someones trap speed is the same as mine but there ET is lower. Example...there are alot of X's trapping 111mph and in the 12.2-12.4 range...i trapped 111mph and got a 12.6...what gives?? By the way...my 60' on that run for me was a 1.75 which was on the stock clutch and my first time launching it...so i don't think its from having a crappy 60'.

when i ran the 12.61 @ 111mph i was un-tuned...now that im tuned i should be low 12's but if i where running low 12's already like everyone else than i would be in the 11's easily. someone enlighten me.

missionstatemen Jun 15, 2009 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248 (Post 7172650)
i got a question...might be sort of noob question but im confused on this so instead of making a new thread i'll ask here.

what does it mean if someones trap speed is the same as mine but there ET is lower. Example...there are alot of X's trapping 111mph and in the 12.2-12.4 range...i trapped 111mph and got a 12.6...what gives?? By the way...my 60' on that run for me was a 1.75 which was on the stock clutch and my first time launching it...so i don't think its from having a crappy 60'.

when i ran the 12.61 @ 111mph i was un-tuned...now that im tuned i should be low 12's but if i where running low 12's already like everyone else than i would be in the 11's easily. someone enlighten me.

it could be any thing, you could be knocking, the track can have more drag due to the chem they use, or even your shifting could be an issue. i ran 12.687 with 1.67 60 foot at 107.8 so it beats me and i did it at island dragway great meadows nj which i herd alot of people say is a bad track.

nyc 93-2jzgte Jun 15, 2009 10:30 AM

^^ I shouldn't be knocking if he is he is trapping the same as the times he is comparing his to ( at least in relative terms). The difference in ET would be in the 60' and/or your shift points.