EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   S-AWC problems (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/481736-s-awc-problems.html)

Shenanigan13 Mar 22, 2010 11:23 AM

S-AWC problems

Has anybody had problems with there S-AWC? I got the service required light and took it to the dealer. It took them about 21/2 hrs to tell me it was some kind of pump that wasn't energizing and then they had to fax off there analysis to california just so they can do the warranty work on it....if anybody has had this happen to ur X, what was the outcome...i see another recall comming up!!!!
THX

Spoonie Mar 22, 2010 11:37 AM

Were there any other symptoms?

Shenanigan13 Mar 22, 2010 11:42 AM

no....i had my car in the garage for a couple of weeks. I started everything was fine and drove for about a mile or so and the service required indicator came on. It drives good still and the dealer said it was safe to drive until they can fix it. So I dont know why it would have got messed up if it was in the garage the whole time.

EvoXcrzy08 Mar 22, 2010 11:51 AM

My ASC lights up and service Required shows up on the dash. I turn off the car and after work I was going to take it in but the light wAs gone. Idk what is going on I checked the level in the trunk and it's fine. No idea.

Shenanigan13 Mar 22, 2010 12:01 PM

IDK what happend to make the indicator to come on...i checked the fluid levels and everything was fine. i guess I will rely on the dealership to fix the problem... thank god for the warranty

zerocooll21 Mar 22, 2010 12:29 PM

Is that typical of the dealers running tests and sending results before they do any warrenty work?

charon2123 Mar 22, 2010 02:06 PM

I'm having the same problem, are you stock? Is anything else popping up, or just the ASC service light?

MAS2377TECH Mar 22, 2010 02:15 PM

This happened on my car during the winter time and they found out that a pump for the S-AWC had failed and needed to be replaced. Also check the fluid levels - mine had a leak which indoubtly led to the failure on my car.

Rands Mar 22, 2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by MAS2377TECH (Post 8121939)
This happened on my car during the winter time and they found out that a pump for the S-AWC had failed and needed to be replaced. Also check the fluid levels - mine had a leak which indoubtly led to the failure on my car.

Yup mine failed at around winter time as well.

Shenanigan13 Mar 25, 2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by charon2123 (Post 8121906)
I'm having the same problem, are you stock? Is anything else popping up, or just the ASC service light?

its all stock... no other warnings have popped up...thank god

cpunlamd Mar 25, 2010 03:37 PM

I've had problems with the AWC on my Evo 8 but nothing yet on my Evo X (fingers crossed).

ik78 Mar 25, 2010 04:44 PM

I have that problem but it turned out to be my aftermarket blow off valve that keep causing it.

Noize Mar 25, 2010 04:55 PM

If any of you guys are tuned and getting ASC off and service required with hard limp mode, its because of your tune. You need to get your tuner to turn the DTCs off. This will cure the problem.

OZ_2435 Mar 25, 2010 06:56 PM

Did you have get the reflash for the S-AWC ECU? There was a service campaign for it starting last Sept. Only applied to cars in cold weather areas. VA was on the list.

Sorry if this is not related. Just trying to help.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...formation.html

September 2009 - AWC Control Unit Reflash (url)

PURPOSE
This reprogramming procedure will modify the All-Wheel-Control (AWC) ECU
software to accurately match the operations check of the AYC/ACD motor with
current ambient conditions. Extremely cold weather causes increased excessive
load on the motor, which could result in damage to the motor. This bulletin
describes procedures to reprogram the AWC ECU with new software parameters
to prevent this condition.

poof101 Mar 25, 2010 07:52 PM

I had a crack in a seal or something...it was leaking fluid but very little. My light would go on, then go off after i would turn the car on and off...took it to the dealer and the guy said "i will see if i can fix it under warranty" lol, my car is stock. They fixed it, and i havent had a problem since. FYI: This happened during the winter too.