Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Horrible, Absolutely Horrible

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible, Absolutely Horrible

So florida finally got a shipment of GSR's yesterday and i was itching to finally go and test drive it. However, that is not possible, the dealer who recieved these vehicles decided to be a neo-**** and not allow any of them to be driven. Complete and utter bull****, Has anyone had this run in with any other dealers?
One of them is going to call me when they get their shipment (all of which are already sold due to a waiting list) so i can test drive one. That is customer service right there.

Anyhow to add more BS to my test driving endevours that day, a bit off topic but on at the same time, i called up a dodge dealer who had an SRT-4 come in, and i set up a test drive appointment, went over there only to have the manager hassle me about buying the car before i could even look in it. And he spent the whole time eyeing mine and my mothers jewelry thinking how much money he could get out of us as he said "oh well because its for tuner enthusiasts there is a $5k premium and we wont allow anyone to drive it until the sign all the papers and work out the finances, then if you dont like the car we will tear up all the papers." So needless to say the manager of that place is a fat sleeze, and all of this BS over a $25k car ($30k with the premium and still nothing in it, no sound system, no nav, nada, base crap and FWD) is just that, complete BS.

So i decided to walk across the parking lot to the infiniti dealer, where i was greated by an older guy who didnt give a crap what was going on and was just chatting like a normal human being, rare in the dealer world. He allowed me to drive any infiniti i wanted (i believe the cheapest one was an MSRP of about $40k?) without any questions, and he sat in the back telling me to floor it and cut the turns fast and have fun, drive it like it was my own.

So after having that experience with the G37 and not being able to touch a single "tuner" it really makes me wonder how they expect to sell a $35k SRT-4 or Evo (probably closer to 40k with the "premiums" and packages).

I could probably get the G37 for 5-10K under MSRP after TTT which would put it in the 30-35k range.. Is there anyone who has had a chance to compare the G37 and the X themselves? Only thing i see the X having over the G37 both fully equipped is the S-AWC system but i dont see that being worth the extra 10k over a G37 with all its luxury, but then again... i couldnt drive one so how the hell would i be able to tell. plus the G37 has A-4WC which is Active 4 Wheel Control which acts as stabalizing and applying breaks to the wheels that it needs to, which if im not mistaken is basically what the S-AWC does.

In the end, could anyone who has driven a G37 and an X already give me their input? If theres not much difference and i can get an inifiniti for much cheaper and without the BS hassle of the *******s at the dealers down here, im doing that.

Last edited by DoHBoY; Feb 19, 2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:15 PM

The dealers here won't let you test drive the X without a credit check. We did manage to find a car dealership that let us take it on a short drive up in Denver, but that took a long chat with the manager first. The X is niiiiiiiice...of course, we didn't rev it or anything, just a short jaunt down the highway and a u-turn. But it is way more smooth than the IX.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

My Mitsu dealer let me take MULTIPLE test drives on the Evo even before the paperwork started. I remember when my older brother was looking at Subie WRXs a while back; they would not let him take a test drive. Strange, eh?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:19 PM

Which dealer in Florida?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

car dealers are the lowest form of human that you can be. i have more respect for the guy that mops up peep show stalls...
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

My bad with the 4-AWC, its 4WAS, which is 4 Wheel Active Steer that adjusts wheel ratio in turns, but it does have the break stability systems too.

And it was Bill Siedel of Davie, Coconut creek is the one thats going to contact me, Fairbank's Dodge of Sawgrass and Infiniti of Sawgrass are the other 2. That infiniti dealer was amazing, that experience alone makes me want to deal with them more and more. They only photo copied my DL and they let me, my mother, and my GF drive any car we wanted lol. The QX-56's are NICE SUVs lol.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:27 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you actually planning to buy an Evo X? Or were you just out for joy ride?

Also, found it funny that you went car shopping with your mom.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

I think it all depends on the dealership. I know around here in the Pittsburgh area, there are dealers that will and wont allow you to drive Evos. I know that when I went around to South Park Mitsu (a horrible place), they acted like the Evo was a Ferrari and would not permit test drives - even with a deposit. Yeah, like I'm going to buy a car withotu test-driving it first.

I ended up at used car dealer out in middle-o-nowhere, PA. It was called Griffith Auto Sales and I was surprised that they primarily sell used sporty cars. I asked if I could drive it and he gave me the keys and said, "If you make a left out of the lot, there are some really good roads. Enjoy and i'll see you when you get back." I bought the car the very next day.

Mitsu dealers, for the most part, are atrocious. It doesnt surprise me at all that they are doing the same thing with the X as they did with the IX.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Why were you looking at an SRT-4 if you were also looking at Xs & G37s? That would be a major downgrade.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Because i was looking at all possible options, i know the SRT-4 is on scale with the Ralliart, different class. but apparently they like to think its something extreme
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

And yeah, you gotta car shop with the person paying for it :P Its always good to bring the main provider along for the ride and shes absolutely in love with Inifiniti now so.

And yes i was planning to get an MR right when it hit, but wanted to give the GS-r a go and would take it if i liked the tranny and such (in florida automatics are a god send with this traffic and a commute on the highway every morning during rush hour.) So, needless to say id love to get an Evo, but if i cant drive one im not going to second guess buying a G37, they are simply amazing.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Oh and my mom was sitting in the back of the SRT-4 and there were scratches all over the back of the driver seat, and the salesman flipped out he was like "oh **** you have to be kidding me???" it was priceless, their little $25k "tuner enthusiast" car has scratches all over its interior.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:48 PM

I think alot of dealers judge people by their age, because alot of kids like test driving cars, in all honesty, they cant afford.

I walked into dealers and theyve let me test drive both the 08 WRX STI and The 08 EVO. Come to think of it, Ive never been denied a test drive.

dealers do suck *** though regardless.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

^ I had a dealer, about a year & half ago, just plain refused to tell me the price of a IX. I think it was because I was w/my friend who was buying a Lancer ES. Damn snobby bastard. I will never go to them again, except when it comes time to rub my new X MR in their face, when I get it.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

haha

Quick Reply: Horrible, Absolutely Horrible