Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR, GSR, Modded GSR, STI, Modded STi test day at Willow Feb 29th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo X MR, GSR, Modded GSR, STI, Modded STi test day at Willow Feb 29th

Posted this in the regional, but figured I would let you guys know about it. We are doing a test day at Streets of Willow Feb 29th with Speed Ventures.

The only car not yet confirmed is the GSR, however we should find out on this shortly. The two modded cars are both stock engine with only Robi-Spec suspension packages.

We invite anyone that can come out to join us. There will also be a rep from mitsu in attendance. The entire test will be well photo and video documented.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early prediction: The Robi-spec GSR will pwn all.

- Patrick
Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vostok 7

- Patrick
Obviously haha. Wish I could be there to watch
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Godamn, why did I have to move away from California?!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

first of all... I can't wait to see these vids and pictures... so is it a PB Mr?
and kidney, who moves from Cali to Idaho? hahaha jk...
but yeah can't wait to see this!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bpeterson20_89
first of all... I can't wait to see these vids and pictures... so is it a PB Mr?
and kidney, who moves from Cali to Idaho? hahaha jk...
but yeah can't wait to see this!
No, I know, it sucks. I used to love going to Amoeba Records in Berkeley & taking a summer trip to Magic Mountain. (sigh.) It's been a few years though. Had to move w/ my fam 'cuz it was getting too expensive. We sold our house in the East Bay & got a house double the size here in Idaho, for cheaper.

PS
A lot of people move from Cali to Idaho. Met many of them. Some people here hate you if they find out you're from Cali.

Last edited by kidneythief13; Feb 20, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vostok 7

- Patrick
Could be. One question I'd have is whether the X's fancy AWD and S-AYC systems get thrown off by the revised suspension. If the system uses sensors such as accelerometers and throttle position to make its decisions, it won't account for modifications to the engine or suspension.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zoomin Dan
Could be. One question I'd have is whether the X's fancy AWD and S-AYC systems get thrown off by the revised suspension. If the system uses sensors such as accelerometers and throttle position to make its decisions, it won't account for modifications to the engine or suspension.
+1

or Bolt on for that matter.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Update: Mitsu is bringing out two pro drivers to show Ali and I just how slow we are

Should be fun to watch
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:16 PM

Should be a good race.
Just hope that this is actualy a comparison. And not corprate Mits. just trying to slotter the STi by bringing out pro drivers.
Bring in a couple of guys who are pro drivers but dont work for eather company , lap battle, and 5 lap showdown.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:49 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
since evom has been mainstream for the most part after the arrival of the 2003 evo, how about a comparo between the new evo X GSR(stock); evo X MR(stock); evo IX gsr(stock); evo IX MR(stock); 2007 and 2008 STi(stock) and of course the modified samples of each car. post some numbers! this would be awesome and unprecedented even by the automag editors!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

I can't wait to hear the results (as well as see pics and vids).
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:59 AM
Former Sponsor

should be a ton of fun
Old Feb 22, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snowman4us
Should be a good race.
Just hope that this is actualy a comparison. And not corprate Mits. just trying to slotter the STi by bringing out pro drivers.
Bring in a couple of guys who are pro drivers but dont work for eather company , lap battle, and 5 lap showdown.
No no....Ali and I will be driving all the cars and comparing them. The pro times will not be eligible for comparison to the STIs, but rather jsut showing what the evos are capable of with the right drivers. I am guessing they will be many seconds faster than us
Old Feb 22, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
since evom has been mainstream for the most part after the arrival of the 2003 evo, how about a comparo between the new evo X GSR(stock); evo X MR(stock); evo IX gsr(stock); evo IX MR(stock); 2007 and 2008 STi(stock) and of course the modified samples of each car. post some numbers! this would be awesome and unprecedented even by the automag editors!
I would love to do this, but there are several problems that made it impossible to do fairly:

1)Ever car would have to be super low mileage and bone stock to be fair
2)Cannot get low mileage bone stock examples of each model, especially not ones that we would be allowed to beat on
3)Each different track has advantages for different models. Its hard to find a track that keeps all on level ground.
4)Tests with modified cars brings in all new variables. To be fair, each car would have to be modified with exactly the same package and tuned by one person for a specific driver
4)Last, most people will look at the numbers and forget the story. It also matter how they do the lap. For example (from what I have been told), at streets, you can actually pull a better time with a IX MR, but its significant harder. The Evo X is more consistent and easier to exploit due to the combination of a better chassis and AYC

That all said, if we could do a massive test, I would be all for it. I would be even more for doing the test in japan to get impressions from ever model going back to the Evo I.

Quick Reply: Evo X MR, GSR, Modded GSR, STI, Modded STi test day at Willow Feb 29th