Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X baby seats

Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X baby seats

I'm looking into getting an Evo X vs an Evo 9... Right now the Evo X is looking very good, but because I also have a daughter on the way, (due Jan 1st) I want to know if any (pref a Recaro Signo just bought one) baby seat will fit rear facing in the X?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

I dunno about the recaro one, but my sisters rear facign one fit just fine a few weeks ago when i was in phoenix... i have no idea what kind it was
Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We have had two forward facing britax boulevards in my car a couple time. Ones in there almost all the time. Rear facing will likely require the seat its behind to be a bit forward and upright, but nothing terrible.

The issue could be the trunk. A large stroller might take it all up. IMO the X is safer than the IX all around.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You won't have any trouble with rear facing seats regardless of brand.. Make sure you use the anchors and not seatbelts to set it up.

Don't worry too much about appearance, you won't find anything that matches (recaros don't) other than black.

My experience with my Evo 8, as with all the other smaller cars I've had to put car seats in, is you have to move the front seat forward a bit, and adjust the backrest.

Once your little one is a bit older, http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1943168 this was a good choice, its coincidental that the seat looks a bit like my evo seats, but its comfortable for my son, and he has a bit more leg room where this fits in the back seat of my G35 coupe and Evo, and the front seat passengers dont have to move the seat so its too uncomfortable for them.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered a Recaro Como this past weekend and should be here tomorrow. I'll test it out and let you know.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got our little guy's seat right in the middle of the back seat in our VIII and it fits great. I'm 6'4", and even though he's in a rear facing seat right now, I've still got plenty of room up front. Though, I do prefer to sit pretty upright. The VIII and IX have excellent interior space, the X should be no different. Congrats on your upcoming "arrival"! Parenthood is a lot of work, but it very very cool!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by blckchns
I ordered a Recaro Como this past weekend and should be here tomorrow. I'll test it out and let you know.
Sweet! Thanks for the replies. Can't wait for my two babies! My daughter and the Evo!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

I asked the same question a while back, but I think it got deleted.

I haven't bought my X yet, but I did take the rear-facing seat & base down to the dealership and test-fitted it. Seemed to work fine, even in the middle position, with lots of room to maneuver.

--michael
Old Sep 24, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Riozo
Sweet! Thanks for the replies. Can't wait for my two babies! My daughter and the Evo!
Sorry, kinda of forgot about this post The seat did fit, but barley. I had pull up the chair closer to the wheel then I would like.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Riozo
I'm looking into getting an Evo X vs an Evo 9... Right now the Evo X is looking very good, but because I also have a daughter on the way, (due Jan 1st) I want to know if any (pref a Recaro Signo just bought one) baby seat will fit rear facing in the X?
The seat is probably fine, but as someone else said, the trunk is the bigger deal-killer. Until you have a kid, you just don't understand how much stuff needs to be hauled around for even the most minor outing. Stroller, diaper bag, etc... it really adds up and that damned trunk is seriously tiny. Even a large stroller won't fit at all, and the days of shoving extra stuff in the back seat are over for you.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I bought my Evo X MR a couple of days ago, but I have yet to install the baby seat in it. I agree that the trunk is very small, but I knew that. It's enough that the car has 4 doors and 4 seats--previously, I had an S2000.

Oh well, we have another bigger car (Audi A6) that fits all of the baby stuff just fine...

--michael
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

I have a Chicco seat in the back and enough room up front for me...I'm 6'4. Fits just fine.

Last edited by DRAG; Sep 26, 2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
On Monday I had our large Britax Boulevard in the rear right seat, some sort of booster in the middle and the middle kids mom in the rear left seat. I'm sure she wasn't the most comfortable person, but we could definitely have put another booster in the rear if need be.

Color me surprised!