Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carriage up I-85. It was the last GSR, but they have one silver MR left. I think it doesn't have any options. Don Jackson has 1 or 2 GSR's, but they need worked over from the start
Old Jun 17, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blk-majik
Carriage up I-85. It was the last GSR, but they have one silver MR left. I think it doesn't have any options. Don Jackson has 1 or 2 GSR's, but they need worked over from the start
Carriage was also the last local dealer (actually, one of the last within a few hundred miles) to have a blue GSR. Yeah, I think DJ is the last dealer in the ATL area with new GSRs now. When you say they need worked over, are you talking about the cars or the people selling them? They do advertise them at $29,500 online but they'll probably try to say that's w/o 0%.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

On Autotrader, Don Jackson has been showing 3 GSRs (RR and GG w/SSS, base PB) all at $29,500 for a while now. But I just checked their site, the RR is gone (which is fine with me) but they have the base GSR at full MSRP! I see what you mean about needing to work them over -lol. It finally looks like I have someone lined up to buy my RS6 so maybe I'll hit them up next weekend, which is the last weekend of the month
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Just got home with my new RR GSR. Had about 90 miles on it, which was the only down side. I know they weren't all easy miles since I could see some wear on the tire corners. But thats where the :meh: ends and the :WOOT!: begins

MSRP was $35,682. They gave me $7k for my 2004 ralliart trade in, and it only kbb'd at $6400 and needed some minor body work done, so that was a win for me. I still owed 1450 on it. I got 0% financing for 60 months. And I got the car for 29100. Thats over $6.5k off MSRP, plus 0%, plus overpaying on my trade by +$600. I know I could have got 10k of at Serramonte or Kenny, but the shipping would have made it the same and taxes would have been higher by about $500 due to the untaxed trade-in turning into a taxed down payment.

On my old ralliart, I was paying $390/mo. On my evo, I'm paying $425/mo, both 60 months. WELL WORTH IT

As for how I did it: DO YOUR MATH FIRST! Have a line-by-line of how you want it to work out. Find the deal you want elsewhere and express that you are willing to have the car shipped in, or travel to get it (I actually was willing, but if your a good bluffer, it'll work out for you). Do a side-by-side line-by-line with their deal. Show exactly what they need to do to get you in the car. Double check ALL your numbers. One mistake and you'll get tailspun in confusing math tricks. Expect the typical sales show and dance where they say they can do it, get you in, try to get you attached and feeling like the owner, and then they 'misunderstood' and try to get you to agree to a bad deal on paper. Don't budge! Even after all the work, be able to walk out. Even if you kept them open +2hrs late. Just keep referring to the better deal. Say it doesn't make sense to over pay just to save a few days of shipping and some minor effort. I ended up going from moving all my personal stuff out of my trade and into the evo and going for a drive in 'my new car' while waiting for the paperwork to get done, to going back home in my RA that night because they 'misunderstood'. It'll be frustrating on both ends, but it pretty much HAS to be done. For reference, they wanted to only give $4k under MSRP without 0%.

The next day, mail them again and give them links to other deals to back up your position and show you're not crazy (they called me crazy and told me i'm trying to 'steal the car' lol). Suggest they contact their regional manager and see if he can help them make the deal happen. For me, it worked like a charm Corporate kicked back some cash to them to get me in the car. I didn't quite get the full $8k + 0% like I could have with Serramonte or Kenny's deals, but I would have had to pay shipping, and I probably wouldn't have gotten as good a deal on my trade at Carmax. And the trade value turned to down payment wouldn't have been tax-free! That covers the additional $1500 and them some!

Either way, I'm stoked
Awesome deal, you got lucky on the trade! Cali dealers are the worst when it comes to lowballing trades. But at least we got great pricing here most of the time. Although we get screwed again on high taxes!

That was a total win-win for you... makes it feel so much better driving your X around town, doesn't it?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats majik!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Who did you work with at Carriage?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Pete. TBH, he's a bit of new to Mitsus, but knows the business well enough to make things happen. They do a good job of keeping the customer away from the back office guys at first Pretty standard stuff. They did have someone take the MR for a test drive while I was there, so they might be a bit more hesitant to give a great deal with recent interest in it. That said, it's also been there since they got their first batch...

Last edited by blk-majik; Jun 18, 2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

If you saw an Evo X on the lot advertised with yellow tag from mirror FS for 29,XXX do you think they would come down to 28? If they wouldn't would you buy @ 29,XXX? Its a GSR, red with aero and SSS.

Thats the advertised price, not OTD price, you think I could get it for that OTD price? I wont be eligible for the 0% which blows royally but there's nothing I can do about it. I am only 22 and dont have the history, its got nothing to do with my past being bad.

I may go through my credit union instead of MMMA for financing, I can get 4.5% through my CU. Also, if I dont finance through MMMA are they less willing to deal since they arent getting the interest?

Last edited by ripnbst; Jun 18, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ripnbst
If you saw an Evo X on the lot advertised with yellow tag from mirror FS for 29,XXX do you think they would come down to 28? If they wouldn't would you buy @ 29,XXX? Its a GSR, red with aero and SSS.

Thats the advertised price, not OTD price, you think I could get it for that OTD price? I wont be eligible for the 0% which blows royally but there's nothing I can do about it. I am only 22 and dont have the history, its got nothing to do with my past being bad.

I may go through my credit union instead of MMMA for financing, I can get 4.5% through my CU. Also, if I dont finance through MMMA are they less willing to deal since they arent getting the interest?
You can try to lower the price to $28k for GSR SSS AERO, butI doubt it's going to happen.

If you think you cant get a 0% apr from MMCA, you might still want to try it. You could get a 1.9% for 60 or 2.9% for 72.

If they are trying to offload 08 EVO as fast as they can, it shouldnt matter how you're going to finance it or with whom.

goodluck.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
^ haha good luck buddy, there wont be any 08s left in september
I disagree. There are still tons of 2008 evos on the lot currently and given the state of the economy (11.5% unemployment in CA now) .......... yeah

If you want a 2008, just wait till the 2010's are released.

Personally i'm waiting till then to see if I can pick up an 2008 MR for 30k or less.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:47 AM

Same here i'm holding out a couple more months to see if i can snag an 08 even lower. It gives me time to build up more of a down payment and cushion. Worst case scenario? I buy a 2010 and have a very large down payment. The higher down payment softens the 0% loss in case that financing goes away.

Nice to hear people are still getting good deals!
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

^ Good luck with that... by the time the 2010s roll out, most dealers will have no more 08s. 2010s will be priced with dealer markups and regular financing rates.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by seventhfactor
Same here i'm holding out a couple more months to see if i can snag an 08 even lower. It gives me time to build up more of a down payment and cushion. Worst case scenario? I buy a 2010 and have a very large down payment. The higher down payment softens the 0% loss in case that financing goes away.

Nice to hear people are still getting good deals!
good plan. Personally I have the cash to pick one up now, however It's hard to justify when real-estate would be a better investment soon. Don't succumb to the sales pitching and sensationalization of "low stock"

Hell I remember seeing tons of evos sitting on a lot for 3/4 a year (probably a year by now). With the mpg these things get and the way the economy is continually tanking and the price of gas inevitably rising, people are re-considering (more evos for us )
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zoglog
good plan. Personally I have the cash to pick one up now, however It's hard to justify when real-estate would be a better investment soon. Don't succumb to the sales pitching and sensationalization of "low stock"

Hell I remember seeing tons of evos sitting on a lot for 3/4 a year (probably a year by now). With the mpg these things get and the way the economy is continually tanking and the price of gas inevitably rising, people are re-considering (more evos for us )
While I agree about making an investment instead of purchasing a liability and the fact that the economy still has a little bit more to drop before things inevitably start climbing, I disagree about the Evo X's availability. Like others have said, you will NEVER get another chance to buy a brand new Evo X for thousands below invoice with 0% APR for 5 years. The stock really is running thin on remaining '08s and to get the color you want, you really do have to act soon.

If you're all about the RR, you still have plenty of time. If you want only WW, you've missed your chance months ago, and even then you didn't stand a chance at getting the same awesome deals. In that sense, the WW isn't one you had to rush on since you weren't missing out on a huge price cut.

If you're looking for GG, PB or OB, make your decision soon or you really will be missing out (from what I've seen, AS still have a lot of stock left and RR are abundant).
Old Jun 20, 2009, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
While I agree about making an investment instead of purchasing a liability and the fact that the economy still has a little bit more to drop before things inevitably start climbing, I disagree about the Evo X's availability. Like others have said, you will NEVER get another chance to buy a brand new Evo X for thousands below invoice with 0% APR for 5 years. The stock really is running thin on remaining '08s and to get the color you want, you really do have to act soon.

If you're all about the RR, you still have plenty of time. If you want only WW, you've missed your chance months ago, and even then you didn't stand a chance at getting the same awesome deals. In that sense, the WW isn't one you had to rush on since you weren't missing out on a huge price cut.

If you're looking for GG, PB or OB, make your decision soon or you really will be missing out (from what I've seen, AS still have a lot of stock left and RR are abundant).
It's true that the 0% won't last forever I'll give you that. And as for color, I think i'm ok with any color except WW heh, so i'll be fine w/ that. I guess for me, I prefer not to be in any debt at all unless there's an upside on investment or it's a necessity which is why i'm willing to be more patient.

But if you're flexible on the color, I don't think it's really worth rushing to get one until the 2010's are out.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)