How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors) - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X General
Reload this Page >

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

 
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:42 AM
  #16  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Clark_Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Smallville, KS
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, only 3%. There is a something called personal property tax so it just about balances out.
Clark_Kent is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 09:02 AM
  #17  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
geez! i get screwed...out sales tax on new cars is 6.5% and we have personal prop. taxes ontop of that.....!!
boostdog is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 09:54 AM
  #18  
Newbie
 
as2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: so cal
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
looking into a X right now too. Anybody in CA got some input??
as2222 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:54 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
RedRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Herndon,VA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The lowest price I have seen on an MR that is fully loaded is 36K and that is the internet price.


Mark
RedRex is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:44 PM
  #20  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
TheBlueBlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this a good deal on an SSS+Nav GSR?

$34,800+TTL

Last edited by TheBlueBlur; Oct 28, 2008 at 07:15 PM.
TheBlueBlur is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
  #21  
Newbie
 
Porkskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 84
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GSR WW base model with mud flaps and tint installed out the door for $30,200 at Pavilion Mitsu in Austin. Not the best deal Ive seen for base GSR's, but with the 0% financing I was happy enough

$34,700 msrp
+ @$2000 in tax, title, lisence
+ $230 msrp for mud flaps
+ $120 dealer tint
- $6850 in back and forth writing numbers down on paper and hearing the sales manager yell at our salesman
= $30200

Last edited by Porkskins; Oct 28, 2008 at 06:53 PM.
Porkskins is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:25 PM
  #22  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (9)
 
HudsonFalcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur View Post
Is this a good deal on an SSS+Nav GSR?

$34,800+TTL
That's not bad especially if you can get 0%, but if they're telling you that price right off the rip you can get them lower. It's the end of the month and they need to sell off their inventory or they're paying on it.
HudsonFalcon is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:37 PM
  #23  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
TheBlueBlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon View Post
That's not bad especially if you can get 0%, but if they're telling you that price right off the rip you can get them lower. It's the end of the month and they need to sell off their inventory or they're paying on it.
That's actually the price I got after haggling for a while. The GM said thats the lowest he will go. I am approved for the 0% financing.

So, is it a decent deal for the chicagoland area? I don't want to miss the 0% financing, or pay $1k to ship a car from South Coast or something.
TheBlueBlur is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:39 PM
  #24  
Account Disabled
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lansdale
Posts: 2,673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Import Junky is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:45 PM
  #25  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
beetle_orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,899
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur View Post
Is this a good deal on an SSS+Nav GSR?

$34,800+TTL
i would have to say no, you are looking to add another $2500 for your TTL so a total of $37300 so you are going to pay more than what i paid 6 months ago but then again at that time i didnt have 0%.

cant get away from the evo scene huh.
beetle_orange is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:50 PM
  #26  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (13)
 
EVOlution561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Porkskins View Post
GSR WW base model with mud flaps and tint installed out the door for $30,200 at Pavilion Mitsu in Austin. Not the best deal Ive seen for base GSR's, but with the 0% financing I was happy enough

$34,700 msrp
+ @$2000 in tax, title, lisence
+ $230 msrp for mud flaps
+ $120 dealer tint
- $6850 in back and forth writing numbers down on paper and hearing the sales manager yell at our salesman
= $30200
That's a steal. I need to take you next time I go car shopping.
EVOlution561 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:02 PM
  #27  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
TheBlueBlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange View Post
i would have to say no, you are looking to add another $2500 for your TTL so a total of $37300 so you are going to pay more than what i paid 6 months ago but then again at that time i didnt have 0%.

cant get away from the evo scene huh.
Nope. Sold my Evo 9 a month ago. Miss it everyday, so now Im looking to get into an X. Where did you get your Evo from btw and for how much?
TheBlueBlur is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:08 PM
  #28  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
beetle_orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,899
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
my mistake was i haggled but didnt know **** what i was haggling about, after i bought the car did i find this site and found out about other X pricing and what others were paying. although i wasnt the cheapest my deal i think was "ok". also at that time i also met a guy (dont see him much on here anymore) from plainfield that bought his fully loaded X (nav, aero kit, SSS) for 38k OTD the difference is he had a trade in VIII or IX i think.
beetle_orange is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:13 PM
  #29  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedRex View Post
The lowest price I have seen on an MR that is fully loaded is 36K and that is the internet price.


Mark
where? would like to use this as an example if I go to haggle with the locals
plow is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:16 PM
  #30  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
TheBlueBlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange View Post
my mistake was i haggled but didnt know **** what i was haggling about, after i bought the car did i find this site and found out about other X pricing and what others were paying. although i wasnt the cheapest my deal i think was "ok". also at that time i also met a guy (dont see him much on here anymore) from plainfield that bought his fully loaded X (nav, aero kit, SSS) for 38k OTD the difference is he had a trade in VIII or IX i think.
So... Can you recommend me a dealer? Im trying really hard to find a white Evo X GSR, but Schaumburg Mitsu said there are only graphite gray, apex silver, and rally red available....
TheBlueBlur is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.