Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by -Quick-
I think I am going to try Route 46 and see what they can do for me tomorrow.
Its about an hour long drive but a few people said they are good.
A friend bought hers at bell Mitsubishi. So I have a few choices.
Never mind, just saw tomorrow is suppose to be really crappy. Guess I'll have to go Monday :-/
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:09 PM

I think I am going to try Route 46 and see what they can do for me tomorrow.
Its about an hour long drive but a few people said they are good.
A friend bought hers at bell Mitsubishi. So I have a few choices.
I actually just bought a 2014 WW Evo X GSR from them exactly a week ago.

I walked in and asked for Michael Ko directly. He referred me to one of his underlings and ended up dealing with him. Mike is the sales manager I believe. He's down to earth and a nice person. He owned a few Evos too.

Of all my past experiences buying cars, I think Rt 46 Mitsu felt the least aggressive and never made me feel uncomfortable.

I just hope they're mod friendly...

PS: Ask for small extras. They will most likely give it to you for free. Floor mats, wheel locks, etc.

Last edited by Tommy2jz; Dec 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 02:49 PM

Went this morning now own a WW GSR!
Route 46 made me a good deal.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 08:08 PM

How good was the deal?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by 0mega
How good was the deal?
^^^ What he said. I kinda don't get the point with this thread lately. It's like everyone is afraid of being flamed or something and won't reveal prices paid (and I personally thank those that did post them.) Sometimes they're hard to compare, since the TTL total may be much lower than here in TX. Everyone is in different parts, not to mention we're at different levels of negotiating tolerance, so we should expect some variation on pricing even with identical cars before adding state specific TTL fees.

That being said, I'm looking to get a plain Jane GSR again before year's end. 2013 or 2014 hovering right at $32k +ttl and they're not budging, at all NADA, ZIP!

2013 is preferred since it's 4 yr @ 0%. I'd like the '14 but then I have to live with same down payment and only 3 yr @ 0% meaning much higher monthly payment.

I'm kicking myself though since I had a deal cut for ~$31200 on Dec 2nd. I'd like to know what the buyers of those cars actually paid. They had two in Cosmic Blue and sold them recently in Weatherford, TX. Of course, I'd probably flame you if you got suckered into paying more since they jacked up the prices about $1500 more the next day. Not to mention I'm a bit butt hurt about losing out on those so you may deserve it...

Passed trying for a red 2013 GSR with SS for ~$31700, got financing approved etc then when I went to drive it was without SS... Other dealer was closed so I went home.

One last thing, I'm also looking at one with SS around ~$33800. I'm at that point where I want to throw in the towel and just buy a used BMW 335i to abuse for one year, then go at it again next December. Am I just being an **** about this??? Seriously, opinions welcomed.

Last edited by gabrod72; Dec 15, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gabrod72
^^^ What he said. I kinda don't get the point with this thread lately. It's like everyone is afraid of being flamed or something and won't reveal prices paid (and I personally thank those that did post them.) Sometimes they're hard to compare, since the TTL total may be much lower than here in TX. Everyone is in different parts, not to mention we're at different levels of negotiating tolerance, so we should expect some variation on pricing even with identical cars before adding state specific TTL fees.

That being said, I'm looking to get a plain Jane GSR again before year's end. 2013 or 2014 hovering right at $32k +ttl and they're not budging, at all NADA, ZIP!
I know what you mean man. It seems in Texas it is difficult to get a really good deal on an Evo. Specifically I live in San Antonio and the dealers here will barely budge on price. This is due to inventory as there are very few Evo's available and it seems that they have little problem selling the Evo's at MSRP.

I went with Don Herring. I bought mine with SS, SL, interior package, and illumination package for a little under $38k. The only issue I had with them is that they told me one price for my trade in. And after I drove up to Dallas, stayed in a hotel, they go and tell me $1000 less than the agreed upon amount.

Here is their link. I think something is wronge with their website though because about a week ago they had around 28 Evo's and now their website shows 8.

http://www.donherring.com/new-specia..._ModelID:11609

edit*** Found what I did wrong with my search. They have 31 Evo's to choose from.

Last edited by Kendogg; Dec 16, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:34 PM

2013 is preferred since it's 4 yr @ 0%. I'd like the '14 but then I have to live with same down payment and only 3 yr @ 0% meaning much higher monthly payment.

I'm kicking myself though since I had a deal cut for ~$31200 on Dec 2nd. I'd like to know what the buyers of those cars actually paid. They had two in Cosmic Blue and sold them recently in Weatherford, TX. Of course, I'd probably flame you if you got suckered into paying more since they jacked up the prices about $1500 more the next day. Not to mention I'm a bit butt hurt about losing out on those so you may deserve it...

Passed trying for a red 2013 GSR with SS for ~$31700, got financing approved etc then when I went to drive it was without SS... Other dealer was closed so I went home.

One last thing, I'm also looking at one with SS around ~$33800. I'm at that point where I want to throw in the towel and just buy a used BMW 335i to abuse for one year, then go at it again next December. Am I just being an **** about this??? Seriously, opinions welcomed.
Sorry for the lengthy post but here it goes...

I actually just traded in a 2008 BMW 335i e92 for a 2014 GSR with SS and let me tell you, the resale value on BMW sucks. Don't trust what KBB or Edmunds says. They're both inflated. I used something called Galves.com and they are pretty much what most dealers use. (Evo resale value sucks too doesn't it? )

I would be careful of buying a 335i especially if it's high mileage 50K + or more than 4 years old. Once the warranty, CPO, or maintenance plan runs out, it's a money pit more than modding an Evo. I had a turbo die and replacing it would have been $3k. I had CPO luckily (which runs out in 2 months) and only ended up paying $54.

I love the way they look, feel, and has good potential but it's just too costly on the long run. I know you said you'd buy it for a year but you're really loosing out. You may as well just pay around $36k +ttl for a 2014 Evo GSR with SS.

As for the financing part of my Evo, I chose a 2014 GSR with 48 months. 0.9 % APR which equaled to about $350 total in interest. That's not terrible at all. Depending if you have a trade in or how much money you put down.

I think it's very possible to get a 2014 base model Evo for around $33k +ttl easily. even less for 2013, I would think $32k +ttl

I don't want to show how much I paid as the dealer manager (who I dealt with for a little) is member on this forum and very well known. I don't want to dick him over like that. He was great to myself and others.

Last edited by Tommy2jz; Dec 16, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I know what you mean man. It seems in Texas it is difficult to get a really good deal on an Evo. Specifically I live in San Antonio and the dealers here will barely budge on price. This is due to inventory as there are very few Evo's available and it seems that they have little problem selling the Evo's at MSRP.

I went with Don Herring. I bought mine with SS, SL, interior package, and illumination package for a little under $38k. The only issue I had with them is that they told me one price for my trade in. And after I drove up to Dallas, stayed in a hotel, they go and tell me $1000 less than the agreed upon amount.

Here is their link. I think something is wronge with their website though because about a week ago they had around 28 Evo's and now their website shows 8.

edit*** Found what I did wrong with my search. They have 31 Evo's to choose from.

I feel your pain. Although I'm currently in Bloomington Indiana for school, I live near the chicago area and they LOVE to just overprice their cars. What's worse is that it takes the iron will of a warrior to even get them to start negotiating.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kendogg

Is that $38k before or after taxes?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tommy2jz
Is that $38k before or after taxes?
Before taxes. They took off around $2300. And they were pretty much the only dealers (in Texas) that were willing to take off anything. Plus they were the only dealer that had the options that I wanted. The dealers in my city said they may be able to get the car I'm looking for but most likely they would just have to get it from the dealership I bought it from anyways.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 09:16 PM

Dang, you all are starting to confirm my fears. Looks like I'll be paying a bit more than I did last time.... maybe the 14 is in my future? Makes more sense if they're the same price I guess. Now the other question, is that 2014 stock radio any nicer? At least it looks like you could get a much more reasonably priced install kit for it.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Tough to haggle on these at least in Texas. Sticker on mine was 36500 or so? Got it for 34,500 mine and cranked up my tradein value to what I was comfortable with letting it go for versus selling independently. Was willing to drive, and actually bought in Austin even though I live in Houston.

Stock radio is adequate but very glitchy. For instance when we have our ipod hooked into it, no matter what when you start the car Blue Oyster Cult plays. The same song, like groundhog day. Then each time you have to select playlist shuffle ... you get the idea.

It's the stock stereo so I wasn't expecting much and wanted to replace it anyway so I just got the double din touchscreen which came with the car, but plan to go aftermarket in the future.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Tough to haggle on these at least in Texas. Sticker on mine was 36500 or so? Got it for 34,500 mine and cranked up my tradein value to what I was comfortable with letting it go for versus selling independently. Was willing to drive, and actually bought in Austin even though I live in Houston.
Here in San Antonio selection is very slim. We have 3 dealerships. One dealership will stock between 3 to 0 Evo's. The other usually has 1. And the third usually has none. But the ones that do have Evo's, not only do they not really haggle, they are almost snooty about it. They don't care if you don't buy it because they know someone else will.

Austin didn't have the Evo color and options I was looking for. I had to drive from SA to Dallas to get mine. I was pretty much stuck looking for an Evo in Texas because I had a trade-in and most out of state dealers didn't want to deal with it.

Dang, you all are starting to confirm my fears. Looks like I'll be paying a bit more than I did last time.... maybe the 14 is in my future? Makes more sense if they're the same price I guess. Now the other question, is that 2014 stock radio any nicer? At least it looks like you could get a much more reasonably priced install kit for it.
The radio in the 2014 is subjective. I personally don't like it. To me it looks out of place and looks like some cheap ebay radio. And I may be wrong, but I think it is a single disk player. Not 100% sure on that though.

Name:  evord_zps4e11f31e.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  86.0 KB

Last edited by Kendogg; Dec 17, 2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 05:56 AM

Radio doesn't look impressive, it's that it appears to be designed to separate from the mount while leaving the ducts intact. I've seen evos with the metra? radio kits and they look like CRAP! This 2014 change looks like it lends itstelf to a simple install kit which should be much cheaper than the current "cheaper" metra option.

AUSTIN?? Why the heck would anyone buy a car here? You must have got them at just the right time. I've tried in vain on 4 new car purchases so I don't even bother anymore. I ended up getting 3 in San Antonio, which is just awesome for last years model Mazdas (always taking $8k or $9k off sticker,) and the other in Dallas.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 04:16 PM

I actually like the 2014 head unit over the older models. It just looks better in terms of aesthetics but I do agree that it is kind of cheap looking. Functionality wise, it has some safety features that kind of make it annoying but then I also understand why there are safety features.

Using the USB port in the glove box (which is a terrible place to put that) it takes about 7-10 seconds to detect and read it from ignition on.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)