Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My New X - traded my 50trim AS VIII

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New X - traded my 50trim AS VIII

After having my 2003 Apex Silver evo 8 for over 3 years and up to 420awhp on pump gas, I decided to part it out, and trade it in for a X. I picked up my Phantom Black X with SSS this Thursday night, and these are pics I took when I got it. I couldnt be happier with my trade! These are phone pics, so obviously not the best.

my old AS VIII

Attached Thumbnails My New X - traded my 50trim AS VIII-photo_102308_001.jpg   My New X - traded my 50trim AS VIII-photo_102308_003.jpg   My New X - traded my 50trim AS VIII-dsc00577.jpg  

Last edited by evo4g63awd; Oct 26, 2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
After having my 2003 Apex Silver evo 8 for over 3 years and up to 420awhp on pump gas, I decided to part it out, and trade it in for a X. I picked up my Phantom Black X with SSS this Thursday night, and these are pics I took when I got it. I couldnt be happier with my trade! These are phone pics, so obviously not the best.
Since I have never owned a evo. And I am looking to purchase either a X or an 8, what do you like over the X and vica versa?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bullseye
Since I have never owned a evo. And I am looking to purchase either a X or an 8, what do you like over the X and vica versa?
well stock vs stock, the x takes the medal. i mean you are obviously talking about about a $15k+ difference, so if money is no object, take the X!!!! it just drives and handles OH SO NICELY!!!! but to be honest, they are like 2 compelty different cars, lol, the only thing i have noticed that the two have in common is the shift knob. but both are amazing cars i was happy with both.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

interesting.... :P ill have to see this beast!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
another one from illinois, congrats on the purchase!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

BTW you know a photographer you should take advantage of that
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:46 PM

Thumbs down

well stock vs stock, the x takes the medal. i mean you are obviously talking about about a $15k+ difference, so if money is no object, take the X!!!! it just drives and handles OH SO NICELY!!!! but to be honest, they are like 2 compelty different cars, lol, the only thing i have noticed that the two have in common is the shift knob. but both are amazing cars i was happy with both.
I guess that is what has me messed up about the X. The best way I can compare it is like driving the R53 Mini Cooper S then driving the R56 Mini Cooper S. The R56 while faster stock vs stock, seems to have lost its mininess. Much like IMO the X has lost its EVOness.

And is it just me or does the X seem huge in comparison?

I know there is a huge price difference. I am just trying to justify the cash for the X. I do like that you can get 350whp from just a BC/Chip.

Edit. I have no idea why there is a thumbs down on my post. But if I did it, I am not trying to bash your car or anything.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:49 PM

BTW nice 8. Seeing that 8 is making my decision a hell of alot easier.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

I guess that is what has me messed up about the X. The best way I can compare it is like driving the R53 Mini Cooper S then driving the R56 Mini Cooper S. The R56 while faster stock vs stock, seems to have lost its mininess. Much like IMO the X has lost its EVOness.

And is it just me or does the X seem huge in comparison?

I know there is a huge price difference. I am just trying to justify the cash for the X. I do like that you can get 350whp from just a BC/Chip.

Edit. I have no idea why there is a thumbs down on my post. But if I did it, I am not trying to bash your car or anything.

lol huge, it does seem a bit bigger, DEFINATLEY when you get inside, the cabin seems so much larger! I have room to shift without punching my boyfriend in the knee I had so much frustration with that in my VIII, but the rear especially seems a lot fatter!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Nice color!
How much they give you for your trade in?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

BTW nice 8. Seeing that 8 is making my decision a hell of alot easier.
and what is your decision?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
Nice color!
How much they give you for your trade in?
They labled it as 16k, but I got tax savings, so that is ~ 17,160 if i sold it privately.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 09:03 PM

lol huge, it does seem a bit bigger, DEFINATLEY when you get inside, the cabin seems so much larger! I have room to shift without punching my boyfriend in the knee I had so much frustration with that in my VIII, but the rear especially seems a lot fatter!
I know what you mean with the size. Just seems like a full size sedan now. Seems alot higher too. Maybe I am just used to driving the vette.

On a side note, I am in the chicagoland area as well. What kind of deal did you end up getting on the X? Also from what dealer if you didn't mention it.

Right now I am dealing with trading my Z06 in on a new X at Grand Mitsu in Bensenville,IL.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 09:06 PM

and what is your decision?
I love the way the 8's look. I love the 9's performance. But I don't care for the change in the fascia at all. And at the 9s price your right there with the X.

If they don't locate me a Wicked white, I think I am going to start hunting for a 05 MR XIII, after I sell the Z.

What kind of probs did you have with yours. I am no where near as adventurous as you with mods. Most I will do is a catted TB, drop in filter, and flash.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

I know what you mean with the size. Just seems like a full size sedan now. Seems alot higher too. Maybe I am just used to driving the vette.

On a side note, I am in the chicagoland area as well. What kind of deal did you end up getting on the X? Also from what dealer if you didn't mention it.

Right now I am dealing with trading my Z06 in on a new X at Grand Mitsu in Bensenville,IL.
YESS!!!! deal with Grand Mitsu. Thats who I finally got my X through, I had went to dealerships ALL over the nw burbs, and Grand Mitsu was the best, PM me if you want about that, you are more than welcome to use me as a reference and Ill give you more info!!! I would do it before the 31st thought to get the 0% financing.

Quick Reply: My New X - traded my 50trim AS VIII