Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X and Grand Theft Auto

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endGameXIII
oh yeah, some keys have the transponder chip on the key grip area, usually rubber. but the one on the FAST key is all metal...so i dunno...?
you have to take out the metal key and turn it around and slide it into the slot to start the car. If you just insert the in the ignition, it will not start. Try it out.

You can steal anything if you tried hard enough.

If some one could steal your car by using a computer, then chances are, that he wont go after your car cause he would be stealing ferrari's and lambos, unless you have alot of valuable JDM parts.

the frequency is so short, it is impossible for some one to copy the frequency.

the easiest way to steal a car would be a gun pointed at your head, but then you would have other things to worry about.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
The fast key will only let you turn the ignition if the key is IN THE CAR. I had my key in my pocket standing outside my drivers side door and my friend (sitting in the passenger seat) couldn't turn the ignition on. So as far as stealing it, I think its the exact same as any other car, because if the fast key doesn't work, you can still use a normal key, which makes the ignition just like any other normal car.
No sir,

If you look in the owners manual it clearly states that you need to re insert the metal key into the keyfob (remove key, flip it around 180 degrees, press key fob back onto the end that normally sticks out) before you can use it to start the car. No KeyFob, no crank

If the thief were smart enough, they would bring their own tactrix cable and flash the ecu to turn off the immobilizer. Not sure if they have figured out what bit needs to be set on the X yet, but it is well known for VII, VIII, and IX.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

IMO

Easiest way to steal an X is to load it on a flatbed and drive off. Even if it is in gear and locked it can still be dragged onto a flatbed. Obviously there are some logistical concerns for a thief that is going to go this route but as others have said, if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

fast key is cool, and if anyone is thinking, what if i leave it running and walk away, how far can it go? my 08 had fast key, and it will stay running until it is turned off or runs out of gas, only wont be able to restart with out key. (wondered myself, had friend take my key and he followed me for about 30 miles, lol).
my buddy has a 08 mazdaspeed 3. lives in a condo with 2 car garage. (used to leave keys in ignition thinking "its in the garage, its ok"). they opened his garage, pushed the car out (exhaust was loud enough, it would have been heard) and it was either towed, or pushed far enough away as to not be a concern. found it a month later about 4 blocks from his house, just suspension damage.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Believe it or not, every kinds of cars can be stolen and that includes bmw, merc and some other luxury brands with special ignition system. What makes a car being stolen? most decisive factors are where the car is being parked, what is inside your vehicle (are they visible from outside the window) etc, and does the car look easy ( as in less than a minute) to be stolen?

As the car owners we just have to avoid those factors and the cars can be safe "most of the time."
Old Jun 18, 2009, 08:38 AM

theres a few ppl up here in canada that have had their 08 lancers stolen, they all had fast key..
i dont think fast key can save you.. if someone really wants to steal a car.. it can be done
Old Jun 18, 2009, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor

I agree with those that state that any car can be stolen.. Which is why I beleive the best protection we have is trying to recover the car as soon as possible before it gets stripped and sold.

I personally have a hidden GPS system on my car as part of my alarm. If it is moved, whether it's towed or anything.. Alarm goes off.. whatever.. it send my phone a text through satellite.. I can also track the car live to see where it exactly is.. That's honestly the best defense I can think of.. And of course putting it in a garage instead of the street helps significantly. They can't steal what they don't know exists.

Good luck.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR_Lance
damn.. i thought this was gonna be some awesome code to unlock an evo x in grand theft auto or somethin. got me all excited for nothing...
The Sultan RS is basically the Evo X.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Fishstix
The Sultan RS is basically the Evo X.
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Sultan_RS

more like an Evo V, but still pretty cool
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jve153
fast key is cool, and if anyone is thinking, what if i leave it running and walk away, how far can it go? my 08 had fast key, and it will stay running until it is turned off or runs out of gas, only wont be able to restart with out key. (wondered myself, had friend take my key and he followed me for about 30 miles, lol).
Tried that with my X MR. Had the car running but parked, then got my friend to take the F.A.S.T. key and run several feet away. Engine doesn't turn off, but the car starts beeping really loudly and a yellow Key icon starts flashing on the screen.

I'm surprised you were able to drive 30 miles without being driven crazy by the beeping.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All the FASTkey like systems I've dealt with from luxury car makers seem to work the same way, and I assume the Mitsu's is no different. The car's are able to sense where/how close the fob is and won't let the car start unless the driver is in the seat. Although when we move cars around on the lot a typical short cut is to just hold the a pile of key over each car's roof while someone gets in and cranks it.

Still, a theif with a rollback and a winch is not going to be stopped.