Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those with infants/toddlers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with infants/toddlers/Stroller fitment in X's

Figured we could start a list of strollers that fit into the EVO X trunk, please post a pic of it in your trunk and specific model of stroller you have and I can update the list....

Quinny Zapp - (awaiting pic)
Combi system - (awaiting pic)
Graco Saferide - (awaiting pic)
MacLaren - (larger version, awaiting pic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by slo4g63; Jul 20, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:28 AM

I just had my first a month ago. We got the Peg Pereggo switch. It doesn't fold in half the way I am guessing yours does. It folds into more of a tube, like a golf bag. I don't think it will fit in the trunk (haven't checked), but it fits much nicer in the cabin of the car. If Mom is in backseat, it will fit in front seat no problem at all.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

You know the seat has to face the rear for AT LEAST the first year right? You probably just had it setup to see how it looked but you wont have the seat facing that way until at least JAN 2011.

And that stroller is a little too much for an infant, you should get a basinett style stroller for the first 3-6 months of their life. I have the bugaboo cameleon, and it was great. It does fit in the trunk I think, but its all your gettin in there. it splits into 2 pieces and doesnt get small at all. but its very versatile

I know you like the whole recaro thing, but I would go with a seat that will unhook from the car and act as a carrier. When the baby is small and frail, you dont want to be taking them out of the seat everytime you go somewhere, its just too much for them. At that point you just want to leave them in the carrier and then click them into the seat. I would save that recaro seat for after a year old

Last edited by StevenStarke; Jul 14, 2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
You know the seat has to face the rear for AT LEAST the first year right?

And that stroller is a little too much for an infant, you should get a basinet style stroller for the first 3-6 months of their life.

I know you like the whole recaro thing, but I would go with a seat that will unhook from the car and act as a carrier. When the baby is small and frail, you dont want to be taking them out of the seat everytime you go somewhere, its just too much for them. At that point you just want to leave them in the carrier and then click them into the seat. I would save that recaro seat for after a year old

Yeah I know it has to face the rear, it's a convertible seat, I was just making sure I knew how to latch it in when I took the pic. As for the bassinet thing, I will be going with that as well, just getting some of the bigger purchases out of the way. Baby is due mid-January, next purchase is the crib/changing station, then bassinet, then off for the million smaller purchases.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

i have a 8 month old...and we dont take my car places very often b/c we usually take mommys camry..but i tried once to take the stroller in the X and had to remove the spare tire to get enough room..and the car seat fits rather tight making the front passenger a lil tight up front..
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That is 100% the incorrect car seat and stroller for an infant. Even if it is a convertible one, it's the wrong one.

There is NOTHING more important than the safety of your kid.

We used a graco snugride with multiple bases when my kid was that young. We got the wireframe stroller mount and that worked well. I'm not sure if it would fit in the X's trunk, but it might.

You don't want to buy one of the stroller systems. They are too large and bulky and you'll hate them in 3-4 months.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

^^ +1 Wrong seat for a newborn buddy.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
That is 100% the incorrect car seat and stroller for an infant. Even if it is a convertible one, it's the wrong one.
So what is incorrect about it? This seat (Signo) is infinitely adjustable height wise, reclineable, has great side impact protection, secures with seat belt or latch system.... Not sure where you think this is an incorrect seat?

The stroller even though not shown in pics, seat can be reclined completely flat like a bassinet.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

The biggest issue is that you are going to want something that is a bassinet style that detaches from the base. Sure the specs say that it will work for a newborn, but it's going to suck ***** taking the baby in and out with that seat.

You may think you don't want that, but you 100% do. The first time you have a sleeping baby in the back and you need to take them out without waking them up you're going to be pissed when you wake them up.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

The waking up part I can see..... BTW there are also other options I have been looking at, adapter for the Peg Perego SIP 30/30 seat as well. Thanks for the advice.

Back on topic of who has experience with what strollers that fit in the trunk......
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

My mclaren umbrella style stroller fits in the trunk, but it's not good for a newborn.

You might see if you can find something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Graco-SnugRide.../dp/B0007KMUH4

We used something similar and it worked well and was much smaller than most systems' strollers.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slo4g63
So what is incorrect about it? This seat (Signo) is infinitely adjustable height wise, reclineable, has great side impact protection, secures with seat belt or latch system.... Not sure where you think this is an incorrect seat?

The stroller even though not shown in pics, seat can be reclined completely flat like a bassinet.
Dude, have you guys not read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" yet? lol. Sorry if we're stating the obvious, but if you don't know the answer to why that seat is inappropriate for a newborn, then we MUST jump off topic real quick and prevent you from making a mistake that could potentially HARM your baby....

#1 - Your child will not be able to hold up his/her own head. They need serious support on all sides of their body, especially their head.
#2 - IF, God forbid, you're in an accident, your child will be crushed from the forces pulling them forward from an impact.
#3 - It is a LAW that you may not use certain carseats for specific ages...

Please look in to these man. We realize that the Recaro baby seats are cool and all, but cool never outweighs safety when it comes to kids.

As far as a stroller that would fit in the trunk of our X.. For an infant, I'm sorry to say that most bassinet style infant strollers will not fit back there.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Olaboy808
Dude, have you guys not read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" yet? lol. Sorry if we're stating the obvious, but if you don't know the answer to why that seat is inappropriate for a newborn, then we MUST jump off topic real quick and prevent you from making a mistake that could potentially HARM your baby....

#1 - Your child will not be able to hold up his/her own head. They need serious support on all sides of their body, especially their head.
#2 - IF, God forbid, you're in an accident, your child will be crushed from the forces pulling them forward from an impact.
#3 - It is a LAW that you may not use certain carseats for specific ages...

Please look in to these man. We realize that the Recaro baby seats are cool and all, but cool never outweighs safety when it comes to kids.

As far as a stroller that would fit in the trunk of our X.. For an infant, I'm sorry to say that most bassinet style infant strollers will not fit back there.
As far as head/neck support, I think everyone buys an additional piece, even for laying in a crib. So that's a bit off topic. As for your #2, maybe you don't know about this seat. #3, that's another one on maybe you need to research the Recaro Signo seat as well.

Yes I wanted a Recaro, and yes I did some research on safety as well.

As far as strollers not fitting back there, you're not telling me anything new. Still looking for anyone that has answers to my original post.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, sorry if I came off a little forward and way off topic, but I felt like those things needed to be addressed... You didn't seem to understand why, from the pic of the seat, we would react like that... So I take it the seat lays down and faces the rear? And is for children under 20lbs or so? you're right, I don't know much about the seat. Good luck with getting answers to your OP. I'm sure a lot of us have that issue.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Olaboy808
Ok, sorry if I came off a little forward and way off topic, but I felt like those things needed to be addressed... You didn't seem to understand why, from the pic of the seat, we would react like that... So I take it the seat lays down and faces the rear? And is for children under 20lbs or so? you're right, I don't know much about the seat. Good luck with getting answers to your OP. I'm sure a lot of us have that issue.
No problem, I know the pic is deceiving, I bought it, installed it only in that position just for reference. but yes it does recline and can face the rear as well.

I know you and others were just trying to help as well, no offence taken. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: For those with infants/toddlers