Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Will Evo's be tough to get?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Evo's be tough to get?

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and happy to be here

But I am looking into getting a 2013-2015 Evo under 40k and have some question?

1. Since I am saving right now and will not be ready to purchase for 6 months, do you think I will have trouble finding a good evo?

2. Will dealerships still be stocking Evo's if so for how long?

3. If I am going to by used what are things to look out for? Good and Bad things that stick out like sore thumbs?

Thanks for looking out
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Apparently they are charging a good 5-10k over sticker, I was reading on one of these threads. Maybe go with a slightly used one, they do exist.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:17 AM

That is exactly what I am worried about.. I wouldn't mind buying a used Evo but they are just hard as hell to find! Especially with under 40k miles that hasn't be driven by a racetrack star~!

If all else fails I am looking into the RS but would much rather stick with an Evo..
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:18 AM

dealers will charge you an arm and a leg...look around on the forums first.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Seems people are leaving evos for other platforms so the used market should be ripe. Dont worry about a car that was driven like an evo, thats what they are meant for. Dont you for one second believe ANY of us do not drive these cars hard. The difference is some take care of them and some dont. Evos are meant to be driven hard, period.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 09:55 AM

The new trick is having a good price but ripping off trade ins lol. i havent seen any over sticker. one dealer here was asking sticker and one in daytona was asking a few thousand under sticker but they had like 15 of them
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:09 AM

Cool thanks for the feedback, you guys have eased the tension to buy ASAP! Well not really.. haha
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My local dealer actually has an Evo GSR in stock for 39k and some change, not sure what options it had. They get an evo every so often, and they don't last longer than a few weeks before getting bought. It's also the same with the local Subbie dealer, every so often they'll get an STI and even more rare is WRX. It also could be for the rarity is amount of sales or demand for them in this area.

* Ralliarts are just as rare as Evo's though, my dealer has a 2010 RA Sportback for sale; which is like maybe the 3rd RA I've seen at the dealer(including mine).

Last edited by russ72; Aug 3, 2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

just be patient and im sure you'll find a nice clean one. It took me about a year to find mine. Just be aware that your not going to be the only one looking for Evo's. So if you see a nice one in your price range, jump on it quick. I lost out on a few of them due to not acting fast enough.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Save as much as you can

Research, research and mooaarrr research

and don't jump into any retarded deal just because you couldn't wait... you'll regret it.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CarMax as well. While I was shopping for mine there were a handful with under 8K, the one I got had 13K but had all the options I wanted, and looked the closest to stock (I know I know... there are "back to stock" specials sold to Carmax). They even did a compression and leakdown test free of charge for me.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I see plenty of in stock Evos here in NY/NJ.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:16 PM

If the past years have taught us anything it is that Evo's will always retain good value. If you need piece of mind just purchase new. 14's are almost impossible to get for a good price now (new) youre better off getting a good deal on a '15
Old Aug 4, 2015, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by blkvirus_evox
If the past years have taught us anything it is that Evo's will always retain good value. If you need piece of mind just purchase new. 14's are almost impossible to get for a good price now (new) youre better off getting a good deal on a '15
Yeah man no kidding, there are Evo's that have 60k miles on them selling for like 4k less than a brand new one! it blows me away, obvious it has mods on it but these cars for sure maintain their value! This is another reason why I dont want a RS because who knows how they will maintain their value its Ford...

I really want Recaro seats so I am looking for a pre 2015 model. However that final edition Evo is looking really nice but its going to cost an arm and a leg! Which might not be worth it because the GSR model retains its value just as much as the final edition..

thoughts?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan Kato
That is exactly what I am worried about.. I wouldn't mind buying a used Evo but they are just hard as hell to find! Especially with under 40k miles that hasn't be driven by a racetrack star~!

If all else fails I am looking into the RS but would much rather stick with an Evo..
Wait for the RS and Civic Type R to come out. Evo prices will likely drop (since there will be a lot more competition for people's 35k at that point). Plus, you may end up wanting the RS or CTR more once you see one up close.

Quick Reply: Will Evo's be tough to get?