Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Idle crazy and PO300 code!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle crazy and PO300 code!

I have idle problem since I bought my car, but it just moving from 800-1000Rpm. Usually, when it jumped up and down, I just gave it alittle gas, then it became normal. After retune today, when I cool started my car the Idle was normal, but when it got hot, the idle jump up and down from 1000-200 rpm for couple times and the engine turn off every time at the stop site, red light, or when I started my car with hot engine. Check engine light come on with the code is PO300 "Unknow missed fire". I have to clear the code 4 times since I left the shop( my tuner spend 2~3 but couldn't find the problem). Is there any thing that I need to check? Any wrong with spark, or fuel injectors,... Please Lmk what do you think. I just want to have it fix. This is my mod list:
Arc: FMIC, UICP, Intake box.
Ams: 02 downpipe, UR HFC, SpecialtyX catback.
255 fuel pump with DW1000cc injectors.
Thanks
Anh
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by MonsterParadise
I have idle problem since I bought my car, but it just moving from 800-1000Rpm. Usually, when it jumped up and down, I just gave it alittle gas, then it became normal. After retune today, when I cool started my car the Idle was normal, but when it got hot, the idle jump up and down from 1000-200 rpm for couple times and the engine turn off every time at the stop site, red light, or when I started my car with hot engine. Check engine light come on with the code is PO300 "Unknow missed fire". I have to clear the code 4 times since I left the shop( my tuner spend 2~3 but couldn't find the problem). Is there any thing that I need to check? Any wrong with spark, or fuel injectors,... Please Lmk what do you think. I just want to have it fix. This is my mod list:
Arc: FMIC, UICP, Intake box.
Ams: 02 downpipe, UR HFC, SpecialtyX catback.
255 fuel pump with DW1000cc injectors.
Thanks
Anh
Ignition components, Idle timing too advanced, large gaps between timing and fuel cells, improperly scaled fuel injectors, all can trip an P0300