Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

"I can buy a nice car with leather seats for that price...I don't get it!"

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The "I don't get it"s turn into "I get it"s when you go around a corner.
Old May 6, 2012, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SgtSeanzie
Anyway, my roomate works at Infiniti down here, and sent me a picture of an X with tons of mods they got in on trade. Says it puts down well over 500 to the wheels.

I told my cousin to go bring his wife for a test drive in that car...so she can..."get it"
I like the idea of test driving the "500whp" car, but I'd be weary of buying a heavily modded Evo like that. Test drive the modded car and buy a stock one.
Old May 6, 2012, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kind of get why women want designer stuff. It's just like when I go to jewery shops to look at watches, I get to see and wear almost everything I want because I have a ss daytona on my wrist. Girls normally look at several things first: the wedding ring, brands of purses, brands of shoes. I guess they like the first impression of a car: the design and the interior. For example... my wife is looking at the new audi a6... you know how women are.

Last edited by iamblue03; May 6, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old May 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
I like the idea of test driving the "500whp" car, but I'd be weary of buying a heavily modded Evo like that. Test drive the modded car and buy a stock one.
X2! You never know who the previous owner was or how badly was it abused. If you're stuck on buying a modded X why not buy 1 from a seller on this forum. This way you know what the car has been through and what has been actually done to the car. I would not buy infiniti personally, however you can find a great deals on a manual SH-AWD TL's as of now and they handle wonderfully and are a lot more luxurious than G35s
Old May 6, 2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by iamblue03
I kind of get why women want designer stuff. It's just like when I go to jewery shops to look at watches, I get to see and wear almost everything I want because I have a ss daytona on my wrist. Girls normally look at several things first: the wedding ring, brands of purses, brands of shoes. I guess they like the first impression of a car: the design and the interior. For example... my wife is looking at the new audi a6... you know how women are.
thus you offer girls to pick men and cars after test drive to avoid wrong impression based only on appearance
Old May 6, 2012, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You may be wrong for this. The better question here is why would someone trade in a X "capable of putting down 500 whp"? Either the mod list really isn't capable of supporting that power, or the car may have problems. I'd be suspicious of a car with that level of mods that was traded in to a dealer. Just my .02
Old May 6, 2012, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liss
thus you offer girls to pick men and cars after test drive to avoid wrong impression based only on appearance
I hope that's what women think, but they don't haha. Well, lexus and audi don't make bad cars. Somehow the 10+ adjustable leather seats, and heated/cooled front/rear seats, the luxury components attract women more.
Old May 8, 2012, 02:01 AM

A lot of people don't understand me either. My car has a $7k system and 19in te37s. I will do power when I can find a trusty mechanic and I get a new job, but for now I am very very satisfied. Car handles like none other in rain, looks really good, sounds really good, and is very reliable. AND one day it will be a F'n beast. I also have this thing about used seats, but that is neither here nor there.

Anyways, I have also had people say that my interior is very plain compared to an Audi. Another one could not figure out why I would not go with him to auctions and get a deal on a used Mercedes or land rover for dealer prices. They say Mitsubishi like it is a bad thing. I love it. I mean I love it. I also have to say that all of them are very insecure people and the face they make while trying to act hard in their cars is priceless. I always feel best while driving my car. I don't really need to have people want what I have. When it comes to true respect you either get it or you do not.

However, if I do make enough money one day a Mercedes is on the list (of course) but god I love my X. I still have a hard time believing I got one. I still remember when I first saw the X revealed in magazine at the borders that is now closed. Love at first sight. I can't remember which magazine it was in, but it was a Red X. I imagined a set of volks on it and just sat their stoned out of my mind. OH the fenders. I could stare at those fenders all day. Same goes for the grill and head lights. Sleek, subtle and powerful. Like a woman with petite shoulders and wide hips, I just want to walk up behind and be like mmm I own this car. This **** is mine. When I am behind the wheel the world is truly mine. I just love my X, what can I say.

Last edited by jackburton; May 8, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old May 8, 2012, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

they will never "get it" dude just like we would never get the idea of buying designer purses and shoes.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Coach = Megan. My wife has two balenciaga bags that cost over 2,000 each. She has LV and Gucci and next will be getting a chanel bag which is over 4k.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jojipoji
Coach = Megan. My wife has two balenciaga bags that cost over 2,000 each. She has LV and Gucci and next will be getting a chanel bag which is over 4k.
I ain't saying she a gold digger... but she ain't messing with no broke n****
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

My wife got it.
After having her 08' Maxima in the shop she had to drive me to work for a week. She called the next day saying how much she loved driving it.
She is also one to have (last time i counted) 6 LV bags, 1 of which is more than 4K dollars. Guess why she wasn't allowed to throw a fit when i said that i was going to buy my Volks?

Oh yeah.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I get my wife a purse that says "Coach" on it for $30 bucks at my local flea market from a very nice Asian lady.

She says its not real. I look at it, hold it, and tell her, "it looks and feels like a real purse that says Coach to me"

I guess I just dont get it either
^ +100
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cat
This.

And I "get" designer clothing and jewelry, though. There *IS* a quality difference between a "real" Coach bag and a cheap Asian knockoff.
^
Yes, It IS... But NOT MUCH! I won't stop u for paying extra hundred dollars just for a brand/name, it's ur choice . For me, I will NOT; And my wife will do the same. She may end up saving that $$ to buy me a new part for our X
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by jojipoji
Maybe its because I'm too tired, but I don't undertand. Are you saying Coach purses are on the same level and Megan Racing parts? Because that doesn't make any sense. Is your wifes name Megan?

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
I ain't saying she a gold digger... but she ain't messing with no broke n****

Quick Reply: "I can buy a nice car with leather seats for that price...I don't get it!"