Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

"I can buy a nice car with leather seats for that price...I don't get it!"

Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I can buy a nice car with leather seats for that price...I don't get it!"

....says my Cousins wife.

He is in the market for an Evo, He likes the VIII but on his impulse buying its more likely he will end up with an X.

Anyway, my roomate works at Infiniti down here, and sent me a picture of an X with tons of mods they got in on trade. Says it puts down well over 500 to the wheels.

I told my cousin to go bring his wife for a test drive in that car...so she can..."get it"

Am I wrong for tihs?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ask her why would I want to spend $500 on a purse that says coach when i can get a tote bag that will fit twice as much
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilRob
Ask her why would I want to spend $500 on a purse that says coach when i can get a tote bag that will fit twice as much
I get my wife a purse that says "Coach" on it for $30 bucks at my local flea market from a very nice Asian lady.

She says its not real. I look at it, hold it, and tell her, "it looks and feels like a real purse that says Coach to me"

I guess I just dont get it either
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

always thought the same thing. Women always complain about how much guys spend on their cars, but they'll spend stupid amounts of money on clothing just because it has a name on it. It's really two sides of the same coin, both are essentially hobbies we enjoy.

In the end, a fast car is just something you have to ride in to appreciate. Fast cars aren't for everyone, and the people who don't enjoy will never understand.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kendogg
I get my wife a purse that says "Coach" on it for $30 bucks at my local flea market from a very nice Asian lady.

She says its not real. I look at it, hold it, and tell her, "it looks and feels like a real purse that says Coach to me"

{pi ck} for the WIN. true story.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

i like modded cars but at the same time there's always a chance things are about to fall apart. nothing wrong with checking it out but a compression test would definitely be recommended.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Once you take a ride in an Evo your hooked for life
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg

I bought my wife a Juicy Couture bag for her birthday last year for $380...

She used it TWICE... like once per week for the first two weeks... then that's it... bag is somewhere in the closet as we speak

sigh... women... lol

to the OP... maybe its better to have her test drive a stock Evo... perhaps with leather? lol

Last edited by jazket; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
You can get Coach stuff at the outlets for 1/4 the retail price, then she can't complain it isn't real.

It is the same as buying your parts when they are on sale.

Personally I think Coach is ugly, and despite the reputation for it being durable, my gf has worn out a couple purses over the last few years. I on the other hand have had 3 wallets in my whole life, and the current one probably has at least 5 more good years left. So to me, the Macy's generic brand seems to be the really durable one.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tpatterson
always thought the same thing. Women always complain about how much guys spend on their cars, but they'll spend stupid amounts of money on clothing just because it has a name on it. It's really two sides of the same coin, both are essentially hobbies we enjoy.

In the end, a fast car is just something you have to ride in to appreciate. Fast cars aren't for everyone, and the people who don't enjoy will never understand.
Could not possibly agree more!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Cars are pretty essential for people in industrial countries. Without a car, you will stuck in your place.

I think it is important for every person to know a little something about cars. You don't have to remember Nurburgring lap times, but you should be able to tell why is a GT-R better than a Lexus GS350.

For your cousin's choice, I think both VIII and X are fine. VIII is light and responsive; X has world-leading torque vectoring for AWD. Both are awesome sports cars.

BTW, Evo X's leather interior, if you opt for that when you buy a new one, is actually very nice:

Last edited by Serbj; May 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old May 1, 2012, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SgtSeanzie
Am I wrong for tihs?
Absolutely not, better have leather though.
Old May 2, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cat

Originally Posted by Alpha X
Once you take a ride in an Evo your hooked for life
This.

And I "get" designer clothing and jewelry, though. There *IS* a quality difference between a "real" Coach bag and a cheap Asian knockoff.
Old May 4, 2012, 09:18 PM

moreover leather seat makes you butt sweat))
wheels dont
Old May 5, 2012, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "I can buy a nice car with leather seats for that price...I don't get it!"