Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Almost traded my Evo in, needed gut check

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cla2000
Noize the first part of that post was adressed to Samson. He was the one that called me naive and corrected me on the price of the bike. According to him you payed 11k on that bike. And no, I don't want to argue at all. I was just trying to convince you not to sell the evo. I guess it worked...
The reason I called you naive was because you said a Madone was 5k. I thought you should know that even back during the Lance's run of the Tour de France, bikes similar to his were going for 10k and now a Madone 7 is 11-13k. I never said that Noize paid 11k on his bike. My comments were directed towards you because I felt you were being a smarta** towards Noize about scratching his bike because it is just a bike as you said.

I am glad Noize will keep his Evo and hopefully a better solution will be found for transporting his bike. Of course, the option would be to trade the Evo on an STi hatchback, but would be like Obama asking Paul Ryan to be his running mate for VP. LOL
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seth, after getting addicted to biking. I cant find a bike rack that will fit my Optima and Im stuck driving my women's Outlander sport each time i want to hit the trails. Luckily the optima is auto so we can swith cars now without the worries of her driving stick.

BTW thanks for the bike advice, Im hoping to get a full road bike over the winter or next spring.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 02:39 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Irvin, I'm glad you like riding!

How is that Optima in the acceleration department?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Irvin, I'm glad you like riding!

How is that Optima in the acceleration department?
Its a lot better than I expected. Not as fast as my Evo but alot faster feeling than most v6 and the fit and finish on these things are impressive. NOt only that but I got the SX basic and it came with HID's, HUUUUGGGGEE trunk compared to the evo and I get about 450 miles per tank. (87 octane)

Im still missing the evo and the Manual Tranny, Im looking at a S4 or a loaded cosmic Blue X in a couple years as my weekend car.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

i got rid of my X.

only to get an viii.
!!!!!!!!!!!

ha!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dont sell it you will regret it as i did just buy a daily beater and keep your evo.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I'm a bit in the same boat, but it's more being spoiled and concentrated.

I've raced MX for 23 years. I'm trying to do another push. I own a 2001 F150 4x4 and a 2011 Evo GSR. I love my Evo, don't love my truck. I live in the Pacific Northwest and really need a truck. This is my third Evo and mainly have one for tracking. Yet, I haven't tracked all year. Mainly been so busy I have had time. Also kind of sick of it.

So I'm thinking of selling both and getting a newer long bed tacoma. That way I have a truck for my mx bikes (2011 250 two stroke and 2013 YZ 450), my mountain bikes, and camping).

My Evo being the rattle box that it is, just kind of over it. I love driving it on the weekends and having fun up in the woods, but so over it for a DD.

I'm making well into 6 digits right now, and may do this for a bit and then grab an Evora later on.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:02 PM

You could always look at getting a focus ST as a compromise?