Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Remote help! Has anyone bought ebay remote & were reprogrammed at dealer and worked?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Remote help! Has anyone bought ebay remote & were reprogrammed at dealer and worked?

the 4 button square remote G8D-644M-KEY-N-4T
I actually bought two from two different sellers for 60 dollars and went to the dealer and the guy told me that they couldnt program them because that they both were defective and hey wanted me to buy a 300 remote from them which i had no choice.. I had went to Auto zone to see check to see if the remotes where throwing signals out and they were working..

i returned them to the sellers and its been 6 months and i wanna buy a extra remote but i don't know if the dealer lied or if I need to buy a new remote that hasnt been used to actually be able to program them.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought one from a local lock smith by me, they programmed it and everything for liek $120. I'd check around to locksmiths. If you didn't have to have a key with a remote you can also get them without the remotes, just a normal chipped key for cheaper.