Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

30,000 Mile Maintenance at South Coast Mitusbishi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30,000 Mile Maintenance at South Coast Mitusbishi

I just contacted South Coast Mitsubishi regarding the routine 30,000 mile schedule for a EVO MR. They quoted me $1200 and they mentioned a "transmission line?"
I live in San Diego but was curious to see what their costs were.
El Cajon Mitsubishi quoted me $700.00 and Ball Mitsubishi quoted me $600.00.

Do anybody have history taking their vehicle to South Coast Mitsubishi for the 30,000 mile maintenance? Seems a bit high for such a basic maintenance besides the SST Fluid change.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 05:01 PM

I just got my 30K on my 2011 MR and spent $1200 at a reputable tuner shop and it included a new set of Hawk pads and SSP permanent SST filter. So I would say it is high. I would recommend shopping around for a tuner shop that specializes in EVOs. They know the car better than the dealer, and usually cost less. No reason to go to a dealer unless you have a warranty issue,
Old Sep 4, 2013, 05:24 PM

As a follow up to your question, I would just stay away from dealers unless it is warranty work. I brought my MR in July two years ago and never been back to the dealer. In fact the dealer closed there Mitsubishi shop which seems to be happening all around, there has been at least three close in my area in the past two years. I love my EVO and spent a lot of time researching it before purchasing. In fact I first selected the Subaru STI but traded it in for the EVO after three months. The best part of my purchase that I didn’t plan for is having a performance shop that specialized in EVOs just three miles from my house. Moore Auto has taken care of my car since purchase. They do a better job than a dealer, their techs are more experienced, more passionate about the EVO and won’t sell you the dealer BS, and best of all cheaper. STAY AWAY from dealers if you can. I googled your location and you have at least seven tuner shops in your area. Ask for recommendations.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my Evo from South Coast Mitsubishi and I'm pretty confident in them as a dealer, but I don't think it's worth the drive up there as I'm from San Diego too. I would check out SAE Motorsports in Oceanside. A lot closer and a fellow there named JP has a freaking sexy Evo himself, so they know what they're doing.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

You need to go here. http://massimopower.com/ It's a bit of a drive for you but you mention going to SC so it's actually less than that. Mauricio and the guys know their stuff.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 07:18 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cal City Evo
You need to go here. http://massimopower.com/ It's a bit of a drive for you but you mention going to SC so it's actually less than that. Mauricio and the guys know their stuff.
+1 to MP.

Or even RRE.

http://www.socalevo.net/threads/1379...Service-Prices
Old Sep 5, 2013, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

$1200 is fairly legit.

Here's the deal, the SST tranny fluid is $450 just for the fluid, no labor.
You're also talking about 10 hours worth of labor.

Some of the other things like coolant flush, air filters, oil change, tire rotation you can probably do on your own to cut cost. But yeah, it's not cheap.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:06 AM

Wow $450?? You can find it for much cheaper (i.e. I just paid $250 for mine from fred beans parts, or alternatively you can get FFL-2 oil for $150). You can also get the SSP filter which is significantly cheaper than OEM.

But I agree, you can do most of the flushes and oil changes yourself to save the cash. I learned all of my stuff from "How to" guides. It's also a great way to learn more about your car and save maintenance money down the line.