Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Which leather option would be best

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Which leather option would be best

So I put a deposit on a mercury grey X with sight and sound. I wanted them to put leather in and they told me they can either do it at port for 1600 or at the dealership for 1000. Difference is that at port the seats will actually say Recaro and I sort of suspect they would do a better job. I would like some thoughts on the matter.
Old May 30, 2014, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want leather, go for the Sunroof & Leather package. This package is 3800, 1800 above the Sight & Sound package, but Sunroof & Leather includes Sight & Sound as well.
Old May 30, 2014, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by reggae4k
If you want leather, go for the Sunroof & Leather package. This package is 3800, 1800 above the Sight & Sound package, but Sunroof & Leather includes Sight & Sound as well.
Yea but I didnt want a sunroof or sound dampening
Old May 30, 2014, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

dealership will probably outsource it to aftermarket - i.e. katzkin or something. you def want the Recaros from the port
Old May 30, 2014, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
dealership will probably outsource it to aftermarket - i.e. katzkin or something. you def want the Recaros from the port
There was a guy who did the Katzkin deal from the dealership that made a post. While it's nice, it is definitely not as nice as the Recaro leather. I say do the port deal as well.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pistons4550

Sunroof is nice, sound dampening is not too big of a deal either...

A little body flex never killed anyone
Old May 30, 2014, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do the official port leather, all evos with leather in the states had the leather installed at the port. I guess that's how they do it. I had my evo built for me and everything that wasn't on the base Evo was added after it arrived on our shores.
Old May 30, 2014, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

I just got a call from the dealer and he told me that they can only do it at the port in jacksonville and it will be done by a third party and that he can request that they stitch recaro on it. I asked for the name of the third party but he said theyre not allowed to tell me because the company only works for dealerships. He said hes gonna find out if they can still do it at the factory even though its been built. I smell BS
Old May 30, 2014, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
You're crazy, I never regretted getting it.

You're going to have nothing but problems with aftermarket leather. The from the factory leather recaros are amazing. (I had 2014 GSR cloth / current 2014 MR loaded back to back so I really compared both)

The sound deadening doesn't weigh that much and is a huge bonus when you drive longer trips imo.
Old May 31, 2014, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
You're crazy, I never regretted getting it.

You're going to have nothing but problems with aftermarket leather. The from the factory leather recaros are amazing. (I had 2014 GSR cloth / current 2014 MR loaded back to back so I really compared both)

The sound deadening doesn't weigh that much and is a huge bonus when you drive longer trips imo.
My current car has a sunroof and I never use it. My brothers sunroof is on a mitsu and its rusted and has had issues when it rains so theres no reason for me to get one. I understand why other people like it though. As far as the sound dampening, I dont plan on using the evo for long trips and I enjoy the extra noise, it adds to the experience.
Old May 31, 2014, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My current car has a sunroof and I never use it. My brothers sunroof is on a mitsu and its rusted and has had issues when it rains so theres no reason for me to get one. I understand why other people like it though. As far as the sound dampening, I dont plan on using the evo for long trips and I enjoy the extra noise, it adds to the experience.

Coming from someone who has both, the experience and sound are still plenty.

If you want the leather to be right and just like it's supposed to, I'd get the official Recaro's...
Old May 31, 2014, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

you want the official recaros. i would go to a different dealership
Old May 31, 2014, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
you want the official recaros. i would go to a different dealership
Problem is that these guys are a lot cheaper than the other dealers around me and if I wait too long I may have to get a 2015 which from what Ive heard doesnt even have recaros. Although what you guys are saying has me reconsidering my decisions.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

What else would be leather on a standard sunroof and leather package besides the seats? Im wondering if I should ask them to change the seats out of one they have that already has leather and tell them I will pay the difference on the amount of money they would lose on that car.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Problem is that these guys are a lot cheaper than the other dealers around me and if I wait too long I may have to get a 2015 which from what Ive heard doesnt even have recaros. Although what you guys are saying has me reconsidering my decisions.
are they going to release are 2015 evo x? I remember the article about them stopping production. wasn't too sure if i should find a new 2014 x this summer or wait for the 2015's later in teh year.

Quick Reply: Which leather option would be best