Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

When I press the steering wheel for the horn, the horn stays stuck on. Do I have a ba

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I press the steering wheel for the horn, the horn stays stuck on. Do I have a ba

When I press the steering wheel for the horn, the horn stays stuck on. Do I have a bad horn relay, that needs to be replaced. Or something else?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd take it to the dealership so you don't accidentally set off the airbag while messing with it. Chances are there is something inside the steering wheel that is leaving that contact connected when you press on it that needs to be replaced or re-seated. When I was in highschool we put a penny across the contacts in my buddies Celica it was LOL because he was raging hard and couldn't figure out how to turn off the horn.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Horn switch is my guess. If it is under warranty - take it to dealership - if not - let us know - I am sure we could help you replace it without setting off the airbag
Old Sep 4, 2015, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

I no longer have a warranty on the car. What do you mean by horn switch? Behind the center of the steering wheel?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
By pressing the center (airbag) closes the contact on a switch which then (through the clockspring) goes to the relay which then powers the horn...

I will try to find a diagram.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Veronica
By pressing the center (airbag) closes the contact on a switch which then (through the clockspring) goes to the relay which then powers the horn...

I will try to find a diagram.

When I press the center of the steering wheel. The horn will get stuck on, and ill have to bang on the center of the steering wheel, to stop the horn from going off. I looked on mistsubishiparts.net, but I don't see any replacement parts for a horn switch.

Last edited by evoxisking; Sep 4, 2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Yea I cant find anything really either I guess u could just carefully take it apart and see whats getting stuck. But be careful of the little ole airbag! eeek...