Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X final edition bolt ons.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X final edition bolt ons.

Alright so I'm sure this has been brought up a million times. regardless i decided to make an awesome yet terribly irresponsible move and get rid of my evo 8 for a brand new 2015 final edition. The gsr model, not the MR. Anyways, coming from 365whp to much less I'm dying to build it, regardless of piling credit card debt from previous evo car parts haha. I want to do some basic bolt ons, intake, exhaust , etc. and probably a good tune. I'm trying to stay in the 1,000- 2,000 range max. I don't want to do anything
that can't be reversed though, no busting out the hacksaw like on my 8, I'm going to keep all the stock parts so no damage to those either. So any ideas on basic bolt ons and brands i could use? without completely raping it? at least until its almost paid off lol

New

old
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
congrats on the new car! This is my suggestion-- do intake, test pipe, three port and a tune. That will get you around 330whp or so, while keeping the car almost stock quiet and unassuming.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Intake, 3 port, test pipe, and tune are the 3 best bang for buck mods on the X. Add in a UICP of you wanna increase the turbo response
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:25 AM

Sweet ride! I'm liking the red FEs more the more I see them.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Favorite part is the black headliner and the black roof. Wish they added that little touch from the get go
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Just a heads up, but the stock tune on the FE is quite unsafe if you add parts to it without an immediate tune. It's almost recommended to put a 2015 GSR tune on there for safety. Car will tune well, but there is issues with the stock tune that you should be aware of.

This is a very reputable tuner:

https://www.boostedforums.net/showth...WTF-Mitsubishi!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:45 AM

Thanks mates any info is good info, haven't heard anything about the tune issue on the 15, but ill look into it
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the classifieds. I found brand new parts from other members. Got all the stuff for my first tune fairly cheap.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Just a heads up, but the stock tune on the FE is quite unsafe if you add parts to it without an immediate tune. It's almost recommended to put a 2015 GSR tune on there for safety. Car will tune well, but there is issues with the stock tune that you should be aware of.

This is a very reputable tuner:

https://www.boostedforums.net/showth...WTF-Mitsubishi!
hm... this thread made me interested what is the truth.
So I asked my tuner ( who is def. not a self claimed pro tuner, need reference about him, send me a pm)

He said there is nothing you have to worry about the stock FE. Drive it, and enjoy it.
If you need more power, then you need to retune it (there is still room for improvement so def. not maxed out), other then that leave it , if you want to keep the warranty

I go with his first and foremost , but also with englishracing and razorlab opinion on this.

No worries

Rob
Old Jan 10, 2016, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
hm... this thread made me interested what is the truth.
So I asked my tuner ( who is def. not a self claimed pro tuner, need reference about him, send me a pm)

He said there is nothing you have to worry about the stock FE. Drive it, and enjoy it.
If you need more power, then you need to retune it (there is still room for improvement so def. not maxed out), other then that leave it , if you want to keep the warranty

I go with his first and foremost , but also with englishracing and razorlab opinion on this.

No worries

Rob
I agree, and that was my only suggestion. My worry was the guy would run some boltons 'for a while' then get a tune later. With the FE maybe that's not a good idea anymore as it was semi ok to do with a regular EVO. That's all I was trying to bring up so the guy didn't run into any issues with his beautiful car

So if you want to leave it stock it will probably be fine. If not, just be sure to tune it asap or maybe start out with a base GSR 2015 tune then get it protuned from that map.

Question for the tuner, just wanted to share for an FE owner so they can be aware
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Just to play devils advocate, why not just take the money you are going to use to mod it and pay off the credit cards? I think I'd rather have piece of mind of debt going down than my HP going up! Any who, both are very nice looking cars!!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by russ72
Just to play devils advocate, why not just take the money you are going to use to mod it and pay off the credit cards? I think I'd rather have piece of mind of debt going down than my HP going up! Any who, both are very nice looking cars!!
Not that I totally agree or offer financial advice in anyway, but I would say there is some merit to the above!

Nothing worse than building a fun car that you can't afford to drive...

Then again, my heart says to buy more performance parts!!!!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whatever man don't listen to these guys. Max out those credit cards then change your name to fifty and file bankruptcy.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 06:07 PM

You got a Private Message....
Old Feb 1, 2016, 06:15 PM

Beautiful car. I still think the final additions should have the aero kit installed stock

Quick Reply: Evo X final edition bolt ons.