Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Looking to test drive a stock Evo in Elk Grove, Ca, will reimburse gas $

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to test drive a stock Evo in Elk Grove, Ca, will reimburse gas $

Hi evo forum, long time lurker, big evo fan. Interested in purchasing an Evo X now that the weathers warmer and more people are listing there cars for sale.

Now I've never driven the new evo x, and there's not many for sale locally. So I will probably end up going to sf or la to purchase a used evox. But before I do Id like to test drive one locally in elk grove to make sure I will like it. The local dealer Lutes Mitsubishi wouldn't let me test drive there 2015's(I'm 35 with perfect credit). I've driven older evo and stis though.

So if your in elk grove or near with a stock, or near stock Evo , message here or pm me. I'm willing to give you gas money and pick your brain for purchasing tips if you have time. I'm not looking to redline your car or test g's. Just regular driving, experience the spooling effect, and highway feel. Thanks.

Last edited by turbonium916; Mar 26, 2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Just go test drive a used one. I think finding anyone to meet a stranger to let them drive their car is a long shot.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 07:49 PM

Suppose, but haven't seen any evo x used and stock in my area for past 2 weeks. That and wanted to be upront, dont want to waste a sellers time if im not interested in their car or price. Closest area selling used evo on craigslist would be sf and that's 1.5 hrs away. Well will see if anybody is willing here in the meantime.

Last edited by turbonium916; Mar 26, 2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 07:53 PM

Bump
Old Mar 26, 2016, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not stock. I bought the car new last year without ever having driven one before lol.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by hydro334
I'm not stock. I bought the car new last year without ever having driven one before lol.
Lol did u at least get to drive it ar the dealership before signing?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

No. They didn't want miles on the cars. I was so over being there that day and wanted to be done with it all. I was car searching for a looong time, months and months before that... I just went with my gut and trusted that all the owners love them for a reason.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by hydro334
No. They didn't want miles on the cars. I was so over being there that day and wanted to be done with it all. I was car searching for a looong time, months and months before that... I just went with my gut and trusted that all the owners love them for a reason.
Thanks, inspiring to hear you were glad with your purchase. I feel it will be the same for me.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by turbonium916
Thanks, inspiring to hear you were glad with your purchase. I feel it will be the same for me.
I've owned a laundry list of perfomance cars:

93 5.0
97 Vette
99 Cobra
01 Cobra
04 Cobra
10 GTi
11 5.0
08 STi
14 GSR
14 MR

And the EVO is the best car in either form I've owned. Hyper capable, fun to drive, just great all around. I prefer the MR over the GSR just by a hair due to the crazy fast shifting and having a 6th gear for the highway. But I would take either one over 99% of the cars out there, especially in its pricerange.

The best thing about the EVO is if you don't like something about it it is like a kit car to modify and chance to your preference. But out of the box it's not lacking like soooo many cars out there.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I bought my evo new last year without test driving, they didn't allow test drives on the evo since nobody wants to buy an evo with 50+ miles from strangers testing it. I love it and DD it everyday to work, although it doesn't feel as fast as it used to, I know I just got used to the speed and just need to wait a little longer before putting bolt-ons into it.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Epyon
I bought my evo new last year without test driving, they didn't allow test drives on the evo since nobody wants to buy an evo with 50+ miles from strangers testing it. I love it and DD it everyday to work, although it doesn't feel as fast as it used to, I know I just got used to the speed and just need to wait a little longer before putting bolt-ons into it.
I couldn't wait very long haha. Come to the void warranty side!

I got used to the first tune within a couple months though too. lol. Heading out in a couple mins to get all my e85 stuff installed to start the next etune.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Epyon
Hilarious they were even in the position to be pulling that crap. Dealers around here can't even get rid of the ridiculous amount of stock they have.

No one is paying premium for an evo anymore.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by nvmaddog
Hilarious they were even in the position to be pulling that crap. Dealers around here can't even get rid of the ridiculous amount of stock they have.

I paid under MSRP for my 15' when I got last fall, but I knew I wasn't going to get a final edition and honestly I should've waited a little longer for the price to keep going down. But I had just gotten a new job and was able to afford it so I couldn't hold back any longer.

Hydro, I know it's killing me having to wait! I'm ordering parts on the 19th next month! It's so close!!!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 01:49 PM

Lol Thanks for all the upbeat comments guys. I will be posting a wtb in the classified section soon after the 15 post restriction is bypassed. Evo ftw!!!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nvmaddog

Seriously what is going on? Lol a few weeks ago I looked out of curiosity and there were only a few left within a couple hundred miles of Miami. Now there's like 250 lol. But they are all FEs and 40k