Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Diamond Race Cars ChromolyTubular subframes W/manual rack option INTEREST

Old May 24, 2016, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Diamond Race Cars ChromolyTubular subframes W/manual rack option INTEREST

I have been wanting to shed weight of the car to try and stay competitive in the local race scene and one of my points of interest has been in lightweight tubular subframes. Lets face it, the current offerings are from companies outside the US and very high priced with questionable quality.
In my Evo 8-9 days I had purchased a used Diamond Race Cars front sub frame and it was of superb quality, fit perfectly, was very light and they offered a option to convert to a 4-5lbs Billet true manual rack . Because of this I decided to contact them to see if they would be interested in making Evo X sub frames.

The short of it is that they are very interested in starting with the front subframe (and if the front takes of they would also do the rear) and they would offer the option of adding the billet manual steering rack. But due to cost of jigging and pre production fabrication it would be cost prohibitive to do a one off just for me. What they are offering is that if we can get 4-5 or more people seriously interested in the front, with or without the manual rack, they would shoot to be in the $1200 range and be as light or lighter and just as strong or even stronger then the current offerings from RaceFab at $1580 + shipping from New Zealand or Magnus at $1695 + shipping from Canada.

The manual rack they said would be in the $7-800 range and ready to drop in and it would weigh ~8lbs TOTAL.

Please post here if you're seriously interested and if you would like to add the manual rack option so I can add you to the list:

Black E: Front subframe + manual steering rack.
Old May 24, 2016, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like chet will be here soon. He always knows when weight can be shead. Lol
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on total weight savings, I'm interested in the front subframe and manual rack.